England v USA – Fri 25th Nov, 19:00 | Group B | World Cup 2022

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I mean, I’ve had a few tonight, but I cannot think of any reason within the realms of the footballing stratosphere why a fit Phil Foden, the best young footballer of his generation, with the honours to boot is sat on his arse on the substitutes bench?

The fact he is a substitute in the first place is other worldly but Southgate’s decision not to play him is beyond cosmic! It’s borderline lunacy.

I doubt that even Pep could turn him into a top quality player. If he can’t read a game by his age and level of experience, he'll never get it.

Too reactive and unwilling to take real responsibility for the midfield. He's the main reason why Kane spent 70% of the match trying to bolster the midfield.
I think that's harsh, I agree his reading of the game and positional awareness is currently abysmal but he's still very young, I see no reason why proper coaching couldn't improve him dramatically, the attributes are there. Not comparing the two directly but Rodri's awareness when he signed for us at the same age as what Rice is now compared to what it is now after peps guided him is night and day.

Southgate has just shown himself up for being so tactically inept it’s untrue.

Earlier in the day, watching Iran v Wales I mentioned to my lad that the level is Championship or league 1. The passes were cut out because of the pace of the pass & speed on the wings so when we beat Iran it was cos we exposed the fullbacks.

USA kept defence deep & the forward line high so full backs never got behind & we didn’t have the quality to play through them. The tactical genius unable to see that puts Rashford on thinking it’s all about winning a race.

I’m surprised he didn’t put Coady on & pushed Slab head up front.

I’m not one for overreacting… but if I have to watch another minute of this tepid shite I’m going to commit ritual seppuku. The worst kind of dross. I’d rather we lose 10-0 every game while going for it than ever see that ever again.

“Pragmatic”

Fuck off, Waistcoat.

We might be through to the Round of 16 but I am now at a point where I genuinely hope we lose embarrassingly than win a tournament like this.

Nice guy. Shit manager. Stuart Pearce showed more endeavour than this turgid wanker.

How can you watch that and not put Foden on? How can you watch that and not just resign immediately?

Proper shit. Don’t care if we win the World Cup and the Euros eight times in a row. This is supposed to be entertainment. I’d rather have my nads held in a clamp for the next 4 weeks than watch any more.

Southgate has just shown himself up for being so tactically inept it’s untrue.

Earlier in the day, watching Iran v Wales I mentioned to my lad that the level is Championship or league 1. The passes were cut out because of the pace of the pass & speed on the wings so when we beat Iran it was cos we exposed the fullbacks.

USA kept defence deep & the forward line high so full backs never got behind & we didn’t have the quality to play through them. The tactical genius unable to see that puts Rashford on thinking it’s all about winning a race.

I’m surprised he didn’t put Coady on & pushed Slab head up front.
The Vicar of Dibley was Outcoached and the team were outworked and outfought

I think that's harsh, I agree his reading of the game and positional awareness is currently abysmal but he's still very young, I see no reason why proper coaching couldn't improve him dramatically, the attributes are there. Not comparing the two directly but Rodri's awareness when he signed for us at the same age as what Rice is now compared to what it is now after peps guided him is night and day.

The problem with Rice is that it would take too long to turn him into an elite player. There's too much work to do for him to become a mainstay in a top team in a short period of time.

He's not an intelligent player, he's a nice lad with a big heart and high workrate, but he hides when the going gets tough at top level.

He looks good at West Ham but the expectation is lower than at elite level. He's got a few decent grafters around him at WHU who he's better than, but he looked like a fish out of water in an unbalanced England midfield. When the time came for him to take responsibility, he was sadly lacking. Henderson did more in a few minutes than Rice did the whole game.

In a nutshell... He's not good or clever enough for top level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.