England vs Costa Rica - 07/06/18

I rated Milner though... with Henderson I struggle to find things he's good at that warrants his selection. Is Henderson the best tackler? Not in my book, does he hold the ball well? Does he pick out the right passes? Does he start many attacks?

His positioning is good and his work rate but compare with any other top national teams in the same position both he and Dier fall well short of the standard in just about every department. I suppose we just have to make do with what we have though.

The discussion can only be based on the players we have in the squad. In that position we have dier and Henderson. Henderson is much better. I would also play Delph for similar reasons. To me the midfield 3 should be Henderson Delph Sterling. We are going to need to defend and cover for wingbacks during the World Cup. These 3 are best suited. The only question mark is who plays around Kane. I wouldn’t pick Ali

I know we’ve been winning both games at half time but it’s not a good sign that we have struggled to retain possession in both second halfs.

The discussion can only be based on the players we have in the squad. In that position we have dier and Henderson. Henderson is much better. I would also play Delph for similar reasons. To me the midfield 3 should be Henderson Delph Sterling. We are going to need to defend and cover for wingbacks during the World Cup. These 3 are best suited. The only question mark is who plays around Kane. I wouldn’t pick Ali
A younger Barry would have been ideal in my opinion.

The wankfest for Rashford is unbelievable. He is quick and direct but often runs into blind alleys and loses possession. He has a good shot on him but nine out of ten times they go high and wide. For me he is an impact sub. Sterling is weak in his finishing for England but his touch, skill and vision are a step above. It isn't his fault players around him are often a step behind. Oh and Tyler and Hoddle are still wankers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.