England vs Costa Rica - 07/06/18

Vardy creates space for people, but is half the player against a deep defence - against Belgium maybe, but not against Panama/Tunisia.
Similarly, I'd play Henderson ahead of Dier in the first two, when England should have more of the ball.

If it's 5-3-2, then there are only 3 attacking positions free as Henderson/Dier has one, and Kane has another. Sterling, Alli, Rashford, Loftus-Cheek for two places, and then there's Delph as well for the middle.

For Panama/Tunisia, I'd think about whether it's possible to play another forward player and reduce the defence (not that I know much about either!).

Where did this competition for places come from?
I actually think Southgate deserves a bit of credit, he seemed to have fostered a healthy but competitive desire for places.
No way he needs to play both dier and Henderson together against Tunisia or Panama; we need to take 6 points from the first two as I don't fancy our chances against Belgium in a pressure situation

No it means he's on the same wavelength as great players and miles ahead of the shite ones, who was he supposed to square it to on Saturday when he ended up chipping it wide? No **** was moving, just all stood admiring his great turn and move into the box.

So we are at the point now where he plays shit because he’s that good. Haha.

I actually think Southgate deserves a bit of credit, he seemed to have fostered a healthy but competitive desire for places.
No way he needs to play both dier and Henderson together against Tunisia or Panama; we need to take 6 points from the first two as I don't fancy our chances against Belgium in a pressure situation

I'd go with more than a bit. He seems to have had a plan, for outfield players at least.

By 'ahead of', I meant 'instead of' - as you say, playing both would be crazy.

We get it, you don't rate Sterling, but if you think he's worse than Rashford you're fucking deluded. And if you think he was 'shit' v Nigeria god knows what you thought about Lingard, Alli or Dier then.

I certainly don’t rate him for England. No one is quick scrambling for his England stats, wonder why. He was shit v Nigeria, if you don’t think he was then I can only imagine you thought rashford was world class last night? Or can you reasonably assess someone’s game if it isn’t Sterlings? For England he is worse than Rashford, feel free to do the research.

I certainly don’t rate him for England. No one is quick scrambling for his England stats, wonder why. He was shit v Nigeria, if you don’t think he was then I can only imagine you thought rashford was world class last night? Or can you reasonably assess someone’s game if it isn’t Sterlings? For England he is worse than Rashford, feel free to do the research.

As many know on here I ain't Sterling's biggest fan,but Southgate has to shoulder a bit of blame here as well,he let's him play were he wants,like Kev or Dave for us,and he can't do it,in fact we don't have anyone in the England set up that can play that role

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.