England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Sterling in fine form at the start of the season, but is omitted. Whereas Maguire and Phillips, who aren't getting a sniff of first team action are included. As is Henderson, whose best days are behind him. Laughable.
I wish he’d leave our players out and give them a rest, second tier England would win these games but I’m not bothered about the National Team, I can’t envisage you’ll be cheering
I'm not, but not for the reason that you may be thinking. I was born in, and spent my first 20 years in Manchester. I have no hatred for the England team; I'm pretty indifferent to them, to be honest. Though, to somewhat contradict myself, I'd love to see them win a Euros or a World Cup. But when it comes to choosing between England and Pep's mercenaries; to quote the Kurgan in Highlander, there can be only one.
same as

I'm not, but not for the reason that you may be thinking. I was born in, and spent my first 20 years in Manchester. I have no hatred for the England team; I'm pretty indifferent to them, to be honest. Though, to somewhat contradict myself, I'd love to see them win a Euros or a World Cup. But when it comes to choosing between England and Pep's mercenaries; to quote the Kurgan in Highlander, there can be only one.
I have the same indifference.

Gareth Southgate would get City relegated.

City would be a stretch but he got a very decent middlesbrough side made them progressively worse and took them down.

The two seasons before he took over they qualified for Europe, reaching the Uefa Cup final and had some good players.

Southgate took over, eventually got them relegated and they never recovered.

This is managerial CV there, in terms of a club career.

Sterling out? The lad has just rediscovered the form that saw him look like a superstar in our side?

Philips,Maguire and other puddings get a place?

How this no mark stays employed is a fucking mystery.

Rediscovered form is an exaggeration, it's 3 games into the season and he's had 2 Good games but yeah the point is valid.

How can he not be picked and players who don't kick a ball seem to be immune from being left out

Is he not the most successful outside of Sir Alf Ramsey.

Yet he's never won anything

He's benefited from a very talented group of players and nice routes through competitions

There isn't a club that would have players like Kane, Foden, Bellingham etc in their team but hire a manager that has proven they couldn't cut it even they got chance to manage a club before.

There's a reason successful clubs hire proven managers to get the best out of talented players, it's necessary.

England will not win a tournament until they get a manager in the same ballpark as the players, in terms of their respective abilities.

I cant wait for the dross manager we end up with next.. Seen it all before, campaigns to get rid of a "boring manager" etc.. And we end up with Steve McLaren or Graham Taylor. Failure is the only way forward for the moaners. Its their fuel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.