England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

The only thing I can think of is that they’re good leaders in the squad. But like you say, it’s not like we’re going into a tournament here, it’s the qualifiers where we should be picking those in form and up and coming and let the next bunch emerge as leaders heading into those Euros.

You know what, upon reflection I know the reason he's done it. It's because one of the qualifiers is against the Ukraine. Beat them and we're basically at the Euro's with the top 2 in the group making it. We've then got a friendly with Scotland before he can probably drop those not playing in the remaining qualifiers with our place already assured. Whilst most of us would expect to beat the Ukraine without Maguire, Henderson and Phillips as per his squad in the summer where he took North Macedonia very seriously, he's done the same here.

Sterling in fine form at the start of the season, but is omitted. Whereas Maguire and Phillips, who aren't getting a sniff of first team action are included. As is Henderson, whose best days are behind him. Laughable.
I wish he’d leave our players out and give them a rest, second tier England would win these games but I’m not bothered about the National Team, I can’t envisage you’ll be cheering them on either.

I wish he’d leave our players out and give them a rest, second tier England would win these games but I’m not bothered about the National Team, I can’t envisage you’ll be cheering them on either.
I'm not, but not for the reason that you may be thinking. I was born in, and spent my first 20 years in Manchester. I have no hatred for the England team; I'm pretty indifferent to them, to be honest. Though, to somewhat contradict myself, I'd love to see them win a Euros or a World Cup. But when it comes to choosing between England and Pep's mercenaries; to quote the Kurgan in Highlander, there can be only one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.