England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Sterling out? The lad has just rediscovered the form that saw him look like a superstar in our side?

Philips,Maguire and other puddings get a place?

How this no mark stays employed is a fucking mystery.

It's an absolute joke. I said on the other thread, it's understandable if you're going into a tournament and they got you there, but we're not. This is the time to play form players, give new players experience so they're ready for tournament football. Maguire was at fault for the goal that knocked us out of the WC. He didn't track Giroud, a 36 year old player who is literally only a threat in the air where Maguire is arguably at his strongest.

Sterling should be in there.

We've seen Stones pushed from CB into midfield in a hybrid role. Doing so alongside Walker who also plays for England. That would give some support for Rice and enable Foden and Bellingham to push further forwards.

Instead we'll see Trent played as a midfielder. Not as an inverted midfielder from RB, just as a midfielder. Even though he's not been kept there by Klopp because he's shite at doing it.

What’ll happen is, we’ll win both of these upcoming games, those who don’t see a problem won’t see the problem, we’ll get to the Euros and go out in the semis or lose in the final and those who don’t see a problem won’t see the problem.
Exactly this. Play any team of quality with a grasp of tactics and good ball retention and that England team will lose. He really Has little idea how to coach an elite football team.

What’ll happen is, we’ll win both of these upcoming games, those who don’t see a problem won’t see the problem, we’ll get to the Euros and go out in the semis or lose in the final and those who don’t see a problem won’t see the problem.

Clearly Gareth has had conversations with the three players who shouldn't be in there and said "I'll still consider you if you don't play" which is a green light for them taking bigger wages and sitting on the bench.

I don't understand it. You want a competitive squad and you want players in form and playing regularly. So you do the opposite. You tell them they're out unless they're playing regularly in a top league. Naturally competition improves and people step up.

There are plenty of players we'd have different opinions on but I think the majority would find picking Phillips, Henderson and Maguire as moronic.

Clearly Gareth has had conversations with the three players who shouldn't be in there and said "I'll still consider you if you don't play" which is a green light for them taking bigger wages and sitting on the bench.

I don't understand it. You want a competitive squad and you want players in form and playing regularly. So you do the opposite. You tell them they're out unless they're playing regularly in a top league. Naturally competition improves and people step up.

There are plenty of players we'd have different opinions on but I think the majority would find picking Phillips, Henderson and Maguire as moronic.
Don’t put bluehammer in that majority

Not that I'm interested in what England do under this fucking jobsworth, but having just seen the squad I'm disgusted. To say he's clueless would be as big an understatement as saying Ratboy Snivel can be annoying at times.

I haven't watched an England game for many a year, and by the looks of it that won't be changing any time soon.

The only thing I can think of is that they’re good leaders in the squad. But like you say, it’s not like we’re going into a tournament here, it’s the qualifiers where we should be picking those in form and up and coming and let the next bunch emerge as leaders heading into those Euros.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.