England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

I would agree that hes fostered a good team spirit for sure.
Always shouts out what utter pricks the likes of gerrard, fowler, carragher, scholes, neville etc etc were for being so petty and snide that that couldnt put their petty club squabbles aside for the good of the national team. Always winds me up that .

So yes, credit to southgate, hes a nice guy. But thats it.

What sort of job do you honestly think hed get in the prem? Meaning, what sort of level would he succeed at ?
Even the rags in their current situation would say "Nah, you're alright" if he was offered to take over next season.

He has the potential to be one of the worlds best. Hopefully his ego won't destroy that.

Southgate isn't the man to unleash it on the world stage though.
I think he’ll unleash it himself, he is that good.

Embarrassing thread for self entitled anti England fans that only really care about there own teams players being picked and don’t want England to succeed.

Southgate has one of the highest win percentages, took us to final of the Euros only losing on penalties and to a World Cup semi final - he has achieved far more than pretty much every manager since Alf Ramsey.

Going into the tournaments he has picked one of the youngest squads and starting line ups in the world, has managed to keep the unity and team spirit within the camp and has cemented himself as Englands manager after our performances at tournaments.

The reality is no England manager will ever please , it’s a massive ask to win a major tournament but even if we did , whoever is the manager will still get criticised, that’s the reality of modern day internet fans - all crying, whinging and moaning constantly mainly because they have a gripe against certain players being picked.
Totally agree mate. I'm sure some people think that every World Cup winning side plays like Brazil 70!

He's qualified for every tournament, lost in a Euros final and got beat in a World Cup semi final. NO OTHER MANAGER, apart from Sir Alf has got his record. It's as simple as that.

We've had "better managers" in Venables, Keegan, Hoddle, Capello and Erikssen and all together their record still isn't as good as Southgates even if you add them all up together! I also rated Venables and Hoddle as two of the best managers England have had.

I'd argue these managers had just as many world class players, if not more, to choose from. Erikssen had players like Seaman, Neville, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Cole, Ferdinand, Campbell, Beckham, Scholes, Owen and Sheringham to pick from and still couldn't do anything with them.

England in 1970 didn't win it and they must've had some decent players to choose from - Banks, Moore, Mullery, Cooper, Lee, Ball, Bobby and Jackie Charlton, Hurst, Peters, Stiles, Bell, Hunter, Osgood!

It wasn't long ago that the likes of Neville, Gerrard and Terry would have cliques in the squad, we don't have that any more. He's turned the England team into something players want to play in again!

Other than winning every game 10-0, home and away, playing like Brazil 70 with the City under-12s, I really don't know what he has to do to please some people. It's not like we've never had good players - we had always had them, but what we've rarely had is a good team. He has created a good team and a lot of people are taking it for granted.

I can't remember the last time I saw an international team win the World Cup, or Euros, that played scintillating football. I mean, look at Argentina they weren't great at all and their best player - some say one of the best of all time - was underwhelming if I'm being kind.

When the going gets tough you can guarantee Southgate will revert back to type and 5 at the back and Kane upfront

England has a great Midfield without a magician that can open up defences, A little short up front, and a poor defence that somehow Harry Maguire, and Luke Shaw, Start. Italy was very poor in quality last night and has changed their system with the new manager in place. But they still found spaces and made some very good chances and opened the scoring.

The Euro's tournament will be pretty much like the others under Southgate, Not much from from open play but freekicks and corners will be key,

Can England win the Euro's, YES Will they win the Euro's, NO
Our midfield is non-existent against good teams.

We‘re about the 4-5th best team in Europe.

Rice, Phillips and Bellingham versus Rodri, Gavi and Pedri.

Bellingham could be a game-changer for sure, but I still wonder what is the best role for the team
Attacking midfield and along with Foden be allowed to roam.

If they were all fit, i'd play this team in the Euros.
Attacking wise, i like the balance and think these are the best players for this system but i doubt Waistcoat would do this.

..................Pickford................
Walker.....Stones.....Dunk......Shaw
....................Rice...................
......Bellingham.........Foden........
Saka............................Rashford
....................Kane..................

Attacking midfield and along with Foden be allowed to roam.

If they were all fit, i'd play this team in the Euros.
Attacking wise, i like the balance and think these are the best players for this system but i doubt Waistcoat would do this.

..................Pickford................
Walker.....Stones.....Dunk......Shaw
....................Rice...................
......Bellingham.........Foden........
Saka............................Rashford
....................Kane..................
I remember reading that England had a big conundrum about who to play alongside Rice because Philips has lost form and Henderson is getting on a bit. It seemed to never occur to anyone that perhaps England, one of the best international teams in the world, might not always need to play with two defensively-minded midfielders at all times. Let's be honest, Stones could easily do his midfield trick that he does for us and move up alongside Rice in possession.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.