England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

If south gate has the bottle to put Bellingham alongside rice this summer and have Kane, foden,rashford,saka up top then we win the euros imo. but he won't..

Ah, Spain, yes.

Do you think we’d beat Spain if we played them?
We should, obviously. Rodders aside, I'm not sure any of them are world class (an overused term). I would back Arry to score and if we could get all the defenders that we've got, fit, then I reckon we could overwhelm midfield - personally I would play that 17 year old further back. We just need some tactical nous to make it happen, and doing away with miss guided loyalty to certain players.

Given injuries to to our fullbacks (will they ever be fit?) and the lack of a partner for Stones (he has to start playing Dunk) he should be blooding some of the younger ones, now.

Midfield - we have enough international standard players with other still to prove themselves, to warrant going still further in tournaments.

Forwards - he must be bricking it about Arry. If he's out we just have the wingers to rely on and he doesn't know how to release them. At least Arry will be resting for half the year. He should play longer if he stays in Germany.

It will be interesting to see who he puts out in the last 2 games.

He's taken them as far as he can. If we are sticking to British managers, I think Potter may get more out of them but he'd be daft to do it.

We should, obviously. Rodders aside, I'm not sure any of them are world class (an overused term). I would back Arry to score and if we could get all the defenders that we've got, fit, then I reckon we could overwhelm midfield - personally I would play that 17 year old further back. We just need some tactical nous to make it happen, and doing away with miss guided loyalty to certain players.

Given injuries to to our fullbacks (will they ever be fit?) and the lack of a partner for Stones (he has to start playing Dunk) he should be blooding some of the younger ones, now.

Midfield - we have enough international standard players with other still to prove themselves, to warrant going still further in tournaments.

Forwards - he must be bricking it about Arry. If he's out we just have the wingers to rely on and he doesn't know how to release them. At least Arry will be resting for half the year. He should play longer if he stays in Germany.

It will be interesting to see who he puts out in the last 2 games.

He's taken them as far as he can. If we are sticking to British managers, I think Potter may get more out of them but he'd be daft to do it.
We shall see, maybe. I’d make Spain the favourites if we meet in Euro24.

Totally agree mate. I'm sure some people think that every World Cup winning side plays like Brazil 70!

He's qualified for every tournament, lost in a Euros final and got beat in a World Cup semi final. NO OTHER MANAGER, apart from Sir Alf has got his record. It's as simple as that.

We've had "better managers" in Venables, Keegan, Hoddle, Capello and Erikssen and all together their record still isn't as good as Southgates even if you add them all up together! I also rated Venables and Hoddle as two of the best managers England have had.

I'd argue these managers had just as many world class players, if not more, to choose from. Erikssen had players like Seaman, Neville, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard, Rooney, Cole, Ferdinand, Campbell, Beckham, Scholes, Owen and Sheringham to pick from and still couldn't do anything with them.

England in 1970 didn't win it and they must've had some decent players to choose from - Banks, Moore, Mullery, Cooper, Lee, Ball, Bobby and Jackie Charlton, Hurst, Peters, Stiles, Bell, Hunter, Osgood!

It wasn't long ago that the likes of Neville, Gerrard and Terry would have cliques in the squad, we don't have that any more. He's turned the England team into something players want to play in again!

Other than winning every game 10-0, home and away, playing like Brazil 70 with the City under-12s, I really don't know what he has to do to please some people. It's not like we've never had good players - we had always had them, but what we've rarely had is a good team. He has created a good team and a lot of people are taking it for granted.

I can't remember the last time I saw an international team win the World Cup, or Euros, that played scintillating football. I mean, look at Argentina they weren't great at all and their best player - some say one of the best of all time - was underwhelming if I'm being kind.
Women have won the euros but he cant , they also lost in world cup final though , he is a boring manager , he has left raz out despite him playing well but he continues to stick with henderson, baffling

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.