England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Yes, shock. England Manager wants some experience in his squad.
Experience, very good I like that ! Perhaps he should persuade Rooney to come out of retirement. Where does this nonsense stop. Henderson is finished at the top level of football, that's why Liverpool let him go. He is playing in a terrible league and will be 34 next summer. But you think he has an important future in this England set up. Would it not be better giving a younger player a chance to play in these easy group games, so they get experience for next summer.

I think the thing with Sterling is that he managed to keep his place in the team - not just the squad - for a long time when he wasn't playing much/well at City. Then having come back into decent form, and knowing how loyal Southgate has been to others - too numerous to mention - who've either hardly played for their clubs or played shit, it's very surprising that Sterling is continually getting the cold shoulder.
I couldn't be arsed about him personally, but, I do think that he's being treated very differently to other long serving members of what was Southgate's 1st 11.

This one is baffling, one of the most baffling in waistcoats tenure. Sterling is playing as well as I've seen him and that's in a hit and miss Chelsea side. Some of his performances have been as good as those two peak seasons he had with us. He'd be in most countries squads on current form. They must have had a major falling out in private and that's him done.

This one is baffling, one of the most baffling in waistcoats tenure. Sterling is playing as well as I've seen him and that's in a hit and miss Chelsea side. Some of his performances have been as good as those two peak seasons he had with us. He'd be in most countries squads on current form. They must have had a major falling out in private and that's him done.
It's really weird, and frankly damaging for the player himself to be left out , while a player who is in such poor form such as Rashford gets an automatic place. I suspect some words have been exchanged and Southgates ego won't let him back down.

Last match Italy a pub team now?
Rashford scored, played very well.
Apart from his goal he was horrendous You need to re-watch, he couldn't control the ball kept making the wrong decisions and, like for the rags, was greedy. Then he did what he does, scored a good goal so the headlines were about that and not about the rest of his game

Yes, shock. BH rides to Southgate's defence. Hold the back pages.

Hence I said ‘England Manager’ and not Southgate.
All managers will keep certain players in the squad consistently to bring experience/leadership around players coming in.

Experience, very good I like that ! Perhaps he should persuade Rooney to come out of retirement. Where does this nonsense stop. Henderson is finished at the top level of football, that's why Liverpool let him go. He is playing in a terrible league and will be 34 next summer. But you think he has an important future in this England set up. Would it not be better giving a younger player a chance to play in these easy group games, so they get experience for next summer.

Not up to you or me to decide who he picks.

Henderson unlikely to start but Southgate knows he’s good in the camp/dressing room and around the players and reliable to bring on to see out games etc

It’s not hard to understand why he’s in squad

Not up to you or me to decide who he picks.

Henderson unlikely to start but Southgate knows he’s good in the camp/dressing room and around the players and reliable to bring on to see out games etc

It’s not hard to understand why he’s in squad
Of course its not up to me or you who he picks. You still don't get this football forum thing do you BH??

Ok let me ask you this, would you want Henderson joining the Hammers next Summer after his spell playing in Saudi. A simple yes or no answer?

Of course its not up to me or you who he picks. You still don't get this football forum thing do you BH??

Ok let me ask you this, would you want Henderson joining the Hammers next Summer after his spell playing in Saudi. A simple yes or no answer?

Yes, I understand the point of the forum and any England thread is to constantly moan and criticise.

Would I want Henderson at West Ham ? Not particularly , feel we have enough central midfielders and players with leadership that we’re ok in that area.

However , If Moyes (who I have faith in) wanted him and bought him in I wouldn’t be whinging and moaning about it, and I’d certainly give him support when he played and not be desperate to criticise any player wearing claret n blue.

Let me ask you this, if England do well once again next tournament and it turns out Henderson was a real positive influence around the younger players in the camp/training ground and he played the odd game well and come on to see out games. Would you genuinely acknowledge the role he played ?

Is this really one of Englands most talented squads ?
I wouldnt say so, Kane, Foden & Bellingham have had betters and equals in many England squads down the years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.