England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Is this really one of Englands most talented squads ?
I wouldnt say so, Kane, Foden & Bellingham have had betters and equals in many England squads down the years
I was thinking that. 1990 World Cup, Euro 96 and obviously 1966 squads spring to mind.

I was thinking that. 1990 World Cup, Euro 96 and obviously 1966 squads spring to mind.

The 1970 squad was arguably better than the 1966 one. Sadly Banks missing the Germany game and his replacement Bonetti having a nightmare cost us. Brazil were superb in that tournament though so I doubt we would have won it.

Yes, I understand the point of the forum and any England thread is to constantly moan and criticise.

Would I want Henderson at West Ham ? Not particularly , feel we have enough central midfielders and players with leadership that we’re ok in that area.

However , If Moyes (who I have faith in) wanted him and bought him in I wouldn’t be whinging and moaning about it, and I’d certainly give him support when he played and not be desperate to criticise any player wearing claret n blue.

Let me ask you this, if England do well once again next tournament and it turns out Henderson was a real positive influence around the younger players in the camp/training ground and he played the odd game well and come on to see out games. Would you genuinely acknowledge the role he played ?

I would.

I’m one of Southgates fiercest critics but I cheer every game on & would happily say I’m wrong.

I actually like that he seems single minded, handles the media well which is a massive part of the role.

What I don’t like about him is I don’t think he’s a good tactician nor do I think his extended coaching team are. I do think he’s playing the media & he has clearly fallen out with Sterling & a few others.

You’ve got to remember we’ve got Pep, we watch how he coaches & solves problems so don’t expect us to be impressed by him.

Yes, I understand the point of the forum and any England thread is to constantly moan and criticise.

Would I want Henderson at West Ham ? Not particularly , feel we have enough central midfielders and players with leadership that we’re ok in that area.

However , If Moyes (who I have faith in) wanted him and bought him in I wouldn’t be whinging and moaning about it, and I’d certainly give him support when he played and not be desperate to criticise any player wearing claret n blue.

Let me ask you this, if England do well once again next tournament and it turns out Henderson was a real positive influence around the younger players in the camp/training ground and he played the odd game well and come on to see out games. Would you genuinely acknowledge the role he played ?
So you don't think Henderson is good enough for West Ham. But he's good enough for England. No disrespect to West Ham but you are mid table currently and Henderson isn't good enough for you, fair enough. I guess he might do a job at Burnley or Sheff Utd. What do you think? You can see where this is going can't you?

On to your question. Sure if he played really well against Malta and North Macedonia I would give him credit. But its Malta and North Macedonia, Southgate picking Henderson over a youngster against those sides would be terrible management.

I've nothing against Henderson he's never really let England down when he's played and I've always acknowledged that. He's just too old and past his best and not the future of England.

So you don't think Henderson is good enough for West Ham. But he's good enough for England. No disrespect to West Ham but you are mid table currently and Henderson isn't good enough for you, fair enough. I guess he might do a job at Burnley or Sheff Utd. What do you think? You can see where this is going can't you?

On to your question. Sure if he played really well against Malta and North Macedonia I would give him credit. But its Malta and North Macedonia, Southgate picking Henderson over a youngster against those sides would be terrible management.

I've nothing against Henderson he's never really let England down when he's played and I've always acknowledged that. He's just too old and past his best and not the future of England.

See you are solely focusing on his tactical abilities

It's other qualities he brings that is the reason he's still in the squad

So; you've given up on Gareth, then?

absolutely not, doing a great job.

made the point all England managers before and forever in the future will have certain players they include in the squad regardless of their form at club level.

Why aren't those other qualities good enough for West Ham. Or presumably Any other PL team as you didn’t answer my last point.

As I say , I think West Ham have enough leadership players and players in centre mid. Wouldn’t be against Henderson joining if Moyes felt it was right for us - his judgement is better than mine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.