England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Rico has got a call up! Buzzing for the lad he'll suit international football down to the ground. Will add real verve and energy to that midfield.

Oh what am I saying he'll sit on the bench watching plodders Rice and Henderson bore us all to death won't he

Plodder Rice

Plodder Rice

The only area Rice needs to improve, and it's vital if England are going to win major honours (unless someone else comes through), is his desire to run the game from deep. Get on the ball constantly, show for it, learn where to move to pick it up. It's the only weakness in his game. I'm basing that on a comparison to Rodri who is the best in the world, so high standards but still something I believe Rice could easily develop.

If Stones can stay fit and Southgate encourages him to step into midfield as Pep does, there'd be less need for him to do it as Stones would do that element. I don't think Southgate will ever let Stones do that though, I think he's much too concerned about a rigid defensive line, which is understandable when Maguire is the leading LCB in the squad.

The only area Rice needs to improve, and it's vital if England are going to win major honours (unless someone else comes through), is his desire to run the game from deep. Get on the ball constantly, show for it, learn where to move to pick it up. It's the only weakness in his game. I'm basing that on a comparison to Rodri who is the best in the world, so high standards but still something I believe Rice could easily develop.

If Stones can stay fit and Southgate encourages him to step into midfield as Pep does, there'd be less need for him to do it as Stones would do that element. I don't think Southgate will ever let Stones do that though, I think he's much too concerned about a rigid defensive line, which is understandable when Maguire is the leading LCB in the squad.

Crazy but i would say his highest attribute is getting/wanting the ball deep, opening up space and driving forward. That's all i ever saw him do for us.

I'd say Rice biggest weakness is when he gets in that attacking third and has opportunity to pull the trigger, He could score some more goals and lacks that edge for sure.

other than that, i've always rated him as one of the best all round players since Gerrard.

Crazy but i would say his highest attribute is getting/wanting the ball deep, opening up space and driving forward. That's all i ever saw him do for us.

I'd say Rice biggest weakness is when he gets in that attacking third and has opportunity to pull the trigger, He could score some more goals and lacks that edge for sure.

other than that, i've always rated him as one of the best all round players since Gerrard.

That's because you know football, it seems, and don't get all of your football knowledge from playing FIFA.

That's because you know football, it seems, and don't get all of your football knowledge from playing FIFA.

cheers, but more crucially i try my best to be balanced and fair as possible regardless of what shirt a player wears.

Rico has got a call up! Buzzing for the lad he'll suit international football down to the ground. Will add real verve and energy to that midfield.

Oh what am I saying he'll sit on the bench watching plodders Rice and Henderson bore us all to death won't he

The same Rice who has been one of England's best performers for the last few years, and was also our best player by a distance in the Euro final loss against the Italians at Wembley.

I have absolutely no doubts people like yourself wouldn't be spouting the same nonsense had Pep signed him, as he wanted to. Get a clue.

Great for Rico. Bet he's buzzing. Cant see him getting a minute of action but just getting called up will give hive a huge confidence boost. The future is bright

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.