England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

England in 2023

Played: 9
Won: 8
Drawn: 1
Lost: 0
For: 25
Against: 4
Opposition included: European Champions, World Cup Last 16, European Championship last 8, local rivals away, team that have won in Italy and Germany.

‘England are terrible’
Even when we win its fuckin shite

Shite again.

How can you expect to play the ball out from the back with players as limited as Maguire and Guehi. So slow to get any sort of passing move going.

I'm sure that Saka just refuses to pass to Foden too. Rice and TAA didn't offer much in the way of control or creativity either.

Even when we win its fuckin shite

I don’t know, international footie is definitely less entertaining than the PL. but out those wins we had the two wins v Italy, 3-1 away to Scotland, 7-0 Macedonia ,4-0 Malta and 2-0 Ukraine. Can only play what’s in front of you but them games were a good watch.

England have gone a calendar year unbeaten for only the fourth time in the last fifty years.

Their record (W8, D2) is better than the previous in 2011 (W6, D3), 1994
(W4, D2) and 1989 (W5, D5).

A good manager produces a team which is greater than its parts. Southgate gets, at best, 40% out of what he can choose from. Maguire, Rashford, Alexander-Arnold in midfield, Guehi, bloody hell. Get Saka to pass the bloody ball. Get Plodder to pass the ball forward. Gallagher ahead of Foden most games. It really is so, so frustrating. Then he comes on the TV and blabbers on about the successful campaign and how well we've managed the game. No, sorry Gareth, what you serve up match after match is absolute shite. No plan B, no plan A. You're absolutely clueless with a nodding dog for an assistant. Steve bloody Holland. Another muppet. The sooner you two fuck off the better.
Just thought I'd let you know I tend to see a different game to Blue Hammer.

How or where has Southgate tested himself against the top sides tactically week in week out? Throw in Steve Holland, he's not been working at the top of football since Chelsea/Conte 2016. (Steve Holland coach under Mourinho/Rafa/Conte)

The FA thought they could be at the avant garde with St. George's, winning U17,U20 tournaments few years ago - but the key figures of Southgate and Holland are still stuck in 2016.

Football has changed beyond recognition since Southgate last had a club job. I think football has become more pragmatic - whether that be with the ball, or without it. Years ago under Sven, Capello, McLaren we'd have easily turned over Macedonia away 4-0 - we have better players, their not tactically smart etc.

Southgate's England have run with that footballing pragmatism, but has never born any of the attacking freedom or luxury that Pep or even Mourinho pioneered.

My main point that I'd like talk on - Tactic/identity wise that I've noticed for a while now, compared to top European teams is how Pep described - the ball moves to the players. Southgate's football is totally the opposite - Rice running to break a midfield press/line, years ago it was Maguire running into mf to overload.

Southgate/Holland copy trends tactically, they have zero idea how they actually want England to play. TAA played midfield, then RB as a inverted RB because copy what Klopp does, now a b2b midfielder? Foden doesn't play at all, then out of position off the right, now centrally.

Watkins is pony - with a manager smart enough, I'd happily think of playing Bellingham as a roaming 9 in case Kane/when gets broken. I get why Southgate is persisting with Rashford - he's a quality player somewhere in his ether - but never on the left without a Roberto Carlos esq overlapping LB.

A good manager produces a team which is greater than its parts. Southgate gets, at best, 40% out of what he can choose from. Maguire, Rashford, Alexander-Arnold in midfield, Guehi, bloody hell. Get Saka to pass the bloody ball. Get Plodder to pass the ball forward. Gallagher ahead of Foden most games. It really is so, so frustrating. Then he comes on the TV and blabbers on about the successful campaign and how well we've managed the game. No, sorry Gareth, what you serve up match after match is absolute shite. No plan B, no plan A. You're absolutely clueless with a nodding dog for an assistant. Steve bloody Holland. Another muppet. The sooner you two fuck off the better.
Just thought I'd let you know I tend to see a different game to Blue Hammer.

Happen to think Steve Holland is the brainchild behind this England team. He was the influence for Southgate to play 3 at the back in 2018WC - with Walker at RCB. Wonder where he got that idea from - Conte/Chelsea/Azplicueta....

How or where has Southgate tested himself against the top sides tactically week in week out? Throw in Steve Holland, he's not been working at the top of football since Chelsea/Conte 2016. (Steve Holland coach under Mourinho/Rafa/Conte)

The FA thought they could be at the avant garde with St. George's, winning U17,U20 tournaments few years ago - but the key figures of Southgate and Holland are still stuck in 2016.

Football has changed beyond recognition since Southgate last had a club job. I think football has become more pragmatic - whether that be with the ball, or without it. Years ago under Sven, Capello, McLaren we'd have easily turned over Macedonia away 4-0 - we have better players, their not tactically smart etc.

Southgate's England have run with that footballing pragmatism, but has never born any of the attacking freedom or luxury that Pep or even Mourinho pioneered.

My main point that I'd like talk on - Tactic/identity wise that I've noticed for a while now, compared to top European teams is how Pep described - the ball moves to the players. Southgate's football is totally the opposite - Rice running to break a midfield press/line, years ago it was Maguire running into mf to overload.

Southgate/Holland copy trends tactically, they have zero idea how they actually want England to play. TAA played midfield, then RB as a inverted RB because copy what Klopp does, now a b2b midfielder? Foden doesn't play at all, then out of position off the right, now centrally.

Watkins is pony - with a manager smart enough, I'd happily think of playing Bellingham as a roaming 9 in case Kane/when gets broken. I get why Southgate is persisting with Rashford - he's a quality player somewhere in his ether - but never on the left without a Roberto Carlos esq overlapping LB.
Copy what Klopp does?
Rashford a quality player?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.