England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Pep tried to sign Rice..I'm pretty sure our manager is not interested In average, one paced players.
At the time England, under waistcoat, played the two holding midfielders. Phillips and Plodder. I couldn't split them and at the time we had an ancient player in Fernandinho, on his own, doing the job of those two in midfield, in a tougher situation. Phillips actually got England's player of the year which indicated he was the better of the two (I thought both were rubbish and have presumably been proved correct with Phillips). However, one signed for City so automatically became worse and one signed for Arsenal and morphed into the dogs bollocks.
Fortunately we only spent £40m on Phillips and not £100m+ on a plodder.

At the time England, under waistcoat, played the two holding midfielders. Phillips and Plodder. I couldn't split them and at the time we had an ancient player in Fernandinho, on his own, doing the job of those two in midfield, in a tougher situation. Phillips actually got England's player of the year which indicated he was the better of the two (I thought both were rubbish and have presumably been proved correct with Phillips). However, one signed for City so automatically became worse and one signed for Arsenal and morphed into the dogs bollocks.
To be fair.....I like the cut of your argument Sir.;)

Remember hearing some interview in 2018 that Steve Holland came to Southgate and told him to play 3-5-2 - we played 3-5-2 with Walker RCB that WC.

Can't help but think, and been thinking it ever since we rolled over against Italy in a Final 1-0 in Wembley that Steve Holland is actually more the 'brains' behind this England side on the pitch.

There is no tactical plan, or identity to how England play - or thought to how players even link up. Southgate stands by having a together unite of a 23 man squad - but what's that actually achieving?

I’d rather spend 100 million on a player that’s of use than 40 on a player that is no use at all. Phillips hasn’t been labelled shit because he came to us, he really is shit which is clear to Pep and the fans. Rice, although not displacing Rodri, would have made good cover for him. Instead we’re likely going to make a loss on Phillips and have to spend more on another because he’s that bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.