England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Relegation will follow. Tactically Moyes is better than Southgate.

I think so too.

But let's not forget i was ridiculed for wanting Moyes at West Ham, 'he's not won anything'', 'he's a dinosaur' , he's a fraud'' all the usual cliche shite from experts, yet Moyes is turning out to be one of our greatest ever managers.

You're all being too harsh on Southgate. He needs to pick the best players for each specific position. It's a big squad and not everyone can get a game. Someone's going to have to sit it out. If only Southgate could find a player whose used to keeping the bench warm. Harry Macguire fits that position perfectly. An inspired selection.

One shudders at how shite the rejected candidates must have been - indefensible appointment.

I don't remember there being any. Wasn't he managing the under 21's and bum rushed into the job after greedy bollocks Allardyce was sacked?

The fact he rarely loses games as somebody said, is because the qualifying groups are stacked heavily in favour of the top nations. They have to have a total nightmare to fail. Once the shit hits the fan we fail. I might be wrong but I think the only top country we've beaten in a knockout game was a fading Germany.

Southgate is a dream for the fa. He's never going to rock the boat or upset anybody. He does just enough to keep his job and make them some money.

ah yes, that old chestnut, but of course when England don't win it's solely down to him.
Agree with your assessment of him as a person; he does seem like a decent bloke etc.

But I also think he’s not international standard manager - if that is supposed to be top tier … but in actual fact it isn’t really is it? It’s often a level below top level manager standard, so maybe he is international manager standard, but also not top half of PL standard either.

Southgate seems a decent guy and at the end of the day it's just a bit of fun. Let the lad alone.

Jack and Phil in particular would be well within their rights to tell Waistcoat to fuck off, but they’re too nice and professional and proud to play for their country to do so.

Southgate has treated them with utter contempt over and over again. While it’s good for us that they spend more time on the bench than mixing it up with the likes of Henderson and Maguire, it’s beyond a joke how Southgate keeps getting away with going out his way to publicly humiliate two of the best flair players England have had. Probably because - to reflect on one of his own quotes - they’re not quiet meek boys that he wants to take home to his daughter (Saka).

Absolute inadequate inferiority-complexed prick. That’s my generous assessment of Southgate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.