England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

And to be honest he looks great in the position. I dont think he's as effective further back. Which begs the question who? I dont think we have that player, a Bernardo/Gundo type who can play the full transition from 6 to 8 when required and tie together the midfield and attacking units.
I can see Rico becoming a Gundog-type player, but obviously, his lack of experience is going to count against him for a year or two yet.

Sadly, Southgate loves his safe and boring style of football but he does get results. It's when we play France and Belgium where he struggles to beat them.

We have the Euros to try and win. Then playing Nations League in League B, likely playing Kazakhstan when we should be playing Spain but because of the very poor performances against Hungary we got relegated when we should never have been relegated from League A.

Then after we try to qualify for the World Cup in USA, Canada and Mexico. Then the Euros at home.

More bizarre squad choices by the waistcoat. Sterling has found a bit of form recently in a dreadful chelsea side, But Rashford who has been appalling this season gets the nod ahead of him and Nkeitia. Obviously Henderson is in the squad aswell as he is the future of our midfield.

More bizarre squad choices by the waistcoat. Sterling has found a bit of form recently in a dreadful chelsea side, But Rashford who has been appalling this season gets the nod ahead of him and Nkeitia. Obviously Henderson is in the squad aswell as he is the future of our midfield.

You can't keep having totally new teams/squad based on current PL form, will lose the harmony/cohesion this England squad have. you need a balance of experienced England players and form players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.