England wasting one of the most talented squads ever assembled on Southgate

Women have won the euros but he cant , they also lost in world cup final though , he is a boring manager , he has left raz out despite him playing well but he continues to stick with henderson, baffling
You can't compare the Women's Euros to the Men's.

He isn't a boring manager, I think he's done the basics very well, and I don't think many of his predecessors in the last 50 years have anywhere like his record. He plays players who haven't let him down and that he trusts. I'd rather he did that than picking players for a few games on form. We have tried that in the past and it rarely works.

If nothing else, Sterling and Henderson play in different positions and Sterling is up against a lot of top class players.

He isn't a boring manager, I think he's done the basics very well, and I don't think many of his predecessors in the last 50 years have anywhere like his record. He plays players who haven't let him down and that he trusts. I'd rather he did that than picking players for a few games on form. We have tried that in the past and it rarely works.

If nothing else, Sterling and Henderson play in different positions and Sterling is up against a lot of top class players.
Of course you can compare ,the women have to beat the same number of teams , all in the same standard throughout , same as the men in the mens game , the women have put the men to shame , first trophy since 1966, but the fa love having a puppet leading the men so it will never change

Raz is on form so no reason he should not even be in the squad

As well as Southgate has done, I don’t think he has the tactical nous to change things mid-match, if the team is struggling, as Bobby did in the last Euros final, or as Pep has done many times over the last seven seasons.
He has one way of playing. Utmost pragmatism. If it isnt working then we're screwed. Against good teams it typically results in us sitting on the edge of our 18 and Pickford just hoofing it aimlessly forward over and over again.

Madness comparing them!

Cant believe it took the women’s hockey team until 2016 to win a gold medal.

The men’s team won it in 1988…

I think Sterling has been quietly retired from international football, unless we get a fair few injuries.

Don’t disagree with most of that. The missing bits are mental rather than technical. If Kane was Spanish, they’d win a lot of trophies.

The Rice/Phillips axis is our weakest part of the side. Pep would bench Phillips and play a more attacking 6/8. Our options there aren’t great though.

I need to watch more of Bellingham to see how he works defensively. He’s almost a false 9 for Madrid at the moment and a roaming 10 for England.
And to be honest he looks great in the position. I dont think he's as effective further back. Which begs the question who? I dont think we have that player, a Bernardo/Gundo type who can play the full transition from 6 to 8 when required and tie together the midfield and attacking units.

And to be honest he looks great in the position. I dont think he's as effective further back. Which begs the question who? I dont think we have that player, a Bernardo/Gundo type who can play the full transition from 6 to 8 when required and tie together the midfield and attacking units.
Mount was being groomed for that position, but he seems to have hit his ceiling and regressed a bit from that.

Of course you can compare ,the women have to beat the same number of teams , all in the same standard throughout , same as the men in the mens game , the women have put the men to shame , first trophy since 1966, but the fa love having a puppet leading the men so it will never change

haha! top wumming

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.