English (Home Grown) Talent

Re: English Talent

charliebigspuds said:
this will be a short thread, I had this discussion when some bloke at work who said we needed to buy English players, my response was which English player could actually make our squad better? Wiltshire and rooney, maybe chamberlain could be worth a punt but thats about it as far as I'm concerned and I'm actually not sure that rooney is as good as his reputation suggest.

johnny williams would, hes a wales u21 international and is the second youngest player to be called up to wales senior sqaud ever, the lads got a big future hes basically wales jack wilshere and he would have been a senior international by now but he broke his leg which stalled his development. i think we'll go after him but he'll cost a fortune zaha's worth around 8 million and williams is valued much higher than zaha by palace. we also tried to sign ryan innis from palace as a school boy but he chose to sign a pro deal with palace instead hes recently been called up to there first team and finally reise allasani is a name to look out for really small lad but brilliant technically he'll most likely break into their first team next season.

Mad 4 It said:
Keep saying this, Kelly from Liverpool he can play RB and CB. Sell Kola and move Zab to LB. we could even do a swap deal using AJ and put the Kola cash towards Martinez

they'll sell him for the right price they have coates and wisdom who they value higher at the centre back position, and they have a young northen irish lad whos an u21 international and is still 17 they rate him higher at right back.

Mad 4 It said:
Keep saying this, Kelly from Liverpool he can play RB and CB. Sell Kola and move Zab to LB. we could even do a swap deal using AJ and put the Kola cash towards Martinez

If Kelly cant get in the scouse team at 22 ahead of Johnson, Skrtl and/or Carragher we wont have much use for him.

moomba said:
Mad 4 It said:

If Kelly cant get in the scouse team at 22 ahead of Johnson, Skrtl and/or Carragher we wont have much use for him.

i think injuries havent helped tbh, hes a good player imo and hes 22 so hes quite young.

Why Always Ste said:
Why do they have to be "English"

Does the home grown rule not apply to Welsh/Scottish/Irish?

Gareth Bale?

It applies to any nationality.

The definition of home grown is trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system

I'm going to get some stick for this but I'd have Walcott.

He's got one year left on his contract at Arsenal so wouldn't cost too much and he'd be one extra not only for the Premier League home-grown rules but the Champions League ones too (I think these are slightly different?).

His pace is ridiculous and we've seen over the past two years how well Mancini and his team can improve the technical side of a player's game so I think he'd be worth looking at. I think he's wasted out on the wing but if you improved his finishing a bit (wouldn't have to be too much, crossing is his main flaw, he can finish, just doesn't do it consistently enough) then playing on the shoulder of the last defender he'd be lethal.

People will say he's not suited to our style of play but we saw this season how the short-passing, patient build up style can be stopped on occasion (Barca vs Chelsea and a few of our games) and so sometimes you need something a bit different.

kenzie115 said:
I'm going to get some stick for this but I'd have Walcott.

He's got one year left on his contract at Arsenal so wouldn't cost too much and he'd be one extra not only for the Premier League home-grown rules but the Champions League ones too (I think these are slightly different?).

His pace is ridiculous and we've seen over the past two years how well Mancini and his team can improve the technical side of a player's game so I think he'd be worth looking at. I think he's wasted out on the wing but if you improved his finishing a bit (wouldn't have to be too much, crossing is his main flaw, he can finish, just doesn't do it consistently enough) then playing on the shoulder of the last defender he'd be lethal.

People will say he's not suited to our style of play but we saw this season how the short-passing, patient build up style can be stopped on occasion (Barca vs Chelsea and a few of our games) and so sometimes you need something a bit different.

Well you can have him,as long as he never arrives at City!.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.