English (Home Grown) Talent

Re: English Talent

Under 21s dont get registered I thought.

Oh and they can be any nationality if trained in England for 3 years under 21

kenzie115 said:
I'm going to get some stick for this but I'd have Walcott.

He's got one year left on his contract at Arsenal so wouldn't cost too much and he'd be one extra not only for the Premier League home-grown rules but the Champions League ones too (I think these are slightly different?).

His pace is ridiculous and we've seen over the past two years how well Mancini and his team can improve the technical side of a player's game so I think he'd be worth looking at. I think he's wasted out on the wing but if you improved his finishing a bit (wouldn't have to be too much, crossing is his main flaw, he can finish, just doesn't do it consistently enough) then playing on the shoulder of the last defender he'd be lethal.

People will say he's not suited to our style of play but we saw this season how the short-passing, patient build up style can be stopped on occasion (Barca vs Chelsea and a few of our games) and so sometimes you need something a bit different.

Yep, I've always been a fan of Walcott.

He gets a lot of stick but 8 goals and 11 assists is a lot for someone who apparently can't finish, pass, or cross.

kenzie115 said:

He's got one year left on his contract at Arsenal so wouldn't cost too much and he'd be one extra not only for the Premier League home-grown rules but the Champions League ones too (I think these are slightly different?).

His pace is ridiculous and we've seen over the past two years how well Mancini and his team can improve the technical side of a player's game so I think he'd be worth looking at. I think he's wasted out on the wing but if you improved his finishing a bit (wouldn't have to be too much, crossing is his main flaw, he can finish, just doesn't do it consistently enough) then playing on the shoulder of the last defender he'd be lethal.

People will say he's not suited to our style of play but we saw this season how the short-passing, patient build up style can be stopped on occasion (Barca vs Chelsea and a few of our games) and so sometimes you need something a bit different.

I agree, I think he could be a decent player in our team. Walcott and Richards running towards Evra - that would be a funny sight to see.

Goater's Nipple said:
Why Always Ste said:
Why do they have to be "English"

Does the home grown rule not apply to Welsh/Scottish/Irish?

Gareth Bale?

It applies to any nationality.

The definition of home grown is trained for three years under the age of 21 by somebody in the English and Welsh professional system

I've probably been told this 1X Million before but for some reason the myth I was told before about the home grown rule over-rides the fact.

I'd have Junior Hoilett aswell...

Walcott has improved a lot this last year but I feel he just doesn't have the 'footballing brain'.

I remember an England game about 6 months ago, he comes down field with the ball and there was a huge gap to play the ball through to put someone through 1 on 1 with the keeper. Instead he went to get past a couple of players by going in a different direction. He passed the ball to a different player who had more work to do. In the end, we scored anyway but I was still wondering what he was doing.

balotelli17 said:
moomba said:
Mad 4 It said:
Keep saying this, Kelly from Liverpool he can play RB and CB. Sell Kola and move Zab to LB. we could even do a swap deal using AJ and put the Kola cash towards Martinez

If Kelly cant get in the scouse team at 22 ahead of Johnson, Skrtl and/or Carragher we wont have much use for him.

i think injuries havent helped tbh, hes a good player imo and hes 22 so hes quite young.

why?? he's not better than micah or zaba<br /><br />-- Thu May 31, 2012 1:08 pm --<br /><br />
Edwaardz said:
kenzie115 said:

Yep, I've always been a fan of Walcott.

He gets a lot of stick but 8 goals and 11 assists is a lot for someone who apparently can't finish, pass, or cross.

these stats are distorted by the fact he usually has 1 outstanding game each year in which he bags a hatrick.

he can't finish most of the time, he can't cross, his passing is sideways and backwards and he can't beat a man despite his pace. he's crap

That Ross Barkley from Everton looks quality, only 17/18, dont need him yet but if he's still there when he's about 23 and he's progressing, we should buy him. What happned to Jack Rodwell to? Not seen much of him for ages.

From the championship theres Nathan Redmond and Jordan Mutch from Birmingham and Nathanel Clyne from Palace. Do Sunderland ever play Connor Wickham, he looks like he's gonna be a top striker.

Jamaal Lascelles - England u19 centre half from Forest. Chelsea, Spurs & Arse are watching him apparently

Walcott's biggest problem is inconsistancy, other than that he is a good player and is improving every year. His crossing has gotten better but he has no one to cross to in our team. He is a good finisher and also has a good first touch. I can see him improving yet again next year but the worry is that his contract is running down and there is interest from Chelsea.

Thing is, there aren't even any good English players that around nowadays that can stake a regular claim for first team spot in our team.

With regards to meeting the quota, I would much rather we promote our own home-grown youths.

For one, Guidetti.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.