Enjoy your Napoli Trip

Thanks Pete, great info....however guess where our hotel is!!!!

"Try and avoid the area around Piazza Garribaldi unless you are getting a train"

50 yards from the train station!!!!

been many times to visit my friends there.

if you know the right places to go it is a very nice city with great people.

agree, the sfogliatella are very nice cakes, and you should try the pizza's in spaccanapoli, the best you will find. You should also visit piazza plebiscito and the castle at the port

hope everyone enjoys the visit

bainy said:

"Try and avoid the area around Piazza Garribaldi unless you are getting a train"

Bainy beware after dark...it's also red light area. Daytime is generally OK. Downstairs below main station is the metro direct to the ground (Campi Flegrei)...same metro will also take you to Montesanto...from there you can easily walk to Centro Storico or down to the seafront...you will walk down Via Pignasecca an iconic Napoli Street to Via Toledo. Note that Montesanto has 2 stations. The metro round the corner and the main train station where the funicular leaves from the upper platform upto the Vomero. The Vomero is very civilised!!!! Think about a taxi if returning in the dark straight to your hotel door. Even Neapolitans don't like being around Garribaldi after about 8pm!!! Take care!!!

pete1201 said:
bainy said:

Bainy beware after dark...it's also red light area. Daytime is generally OK. Downstairs below main station is the metro direct to the ground (Campi Flegrei)...same metro will also take you to Montesanto...from there you can easily walk to Centro Storico or down to the seafront...you will walk down Via Pignasecca an iconic Napoli Street to Via Toledo. Note that Montesanto has 2 stations. The metro round the corner and the main train station where the funicular leaves from the upper platform upto the Vomero. The Vomero is very civilised!!!! Think about a taxi if returning in the dark straight to your hotel door. Even Neapolitans don't like being around Garribaldi after about 8pm!!! Take care!!!

Cheers Pete,
we plan a 50 metre dash from station to hotel at 3pm ish then taxi to the port area, then bus to ground and back again. Is there a place to head for at the port where all the pubs are? and how far will that be from Garribaldi to the port?
Defo planned to get taxi back to hotel.
Been to millwall, cardiff and scouseland back in the day - cant wait for Napoli, cant wait to experience the fans and the stadium.

i know some kopites who went napoli and said it was the dodgiest place they have been - and they have been wigan pier on a friday night ffs. i went florence with everton few yrs back and big difference in italian cities is there is no real bar culture so apart from anything else your bored senseless until the cafes / bars open. most cities are dodgy and remember going athens and being advised not to wander out after 5 pm, so heeded the advice and staggered back at 5 am, less people about i guess !! you could get attacked in leamington spa on a night out so i would just enjoy the experience and be cautious everytime a scooter approaches.

@Bainy....not really a pub city. It's a caffe society. Get a taxi to Piazza Trieste e Trento...this will drop you in an area of many options. To the North is Via Toledo you should be able to get a beer (but possibly an alcohol ban on matchday). To the south is the seafront....I think there is a little pub on the right not far from the royal palace. I did here the Germans were singing in Piazza Municipio so there might be a pub there...or perhaps they were swigging wine in the open air, not sure on that one, but they were all pissed.

In the taxi ride you will pass a huge castle (about 2-3 minute walk from Piazza T & T). Piazza Municipio and the port is that area.
As for getting back to hotel after the game many scousers complained about a lack of taxis to get back to Garribaldi. It's a good 20-25 minute walk...some of it through bandit country with scugnizzi sat on scooters taking the piss...although all the trouble did happen the night before they did say they felt intimidation.

bainy said:

We're staying near there too mate. I think there will be a fair few blues round there as that is where a lot of the cheapish hotels seem to be.

pete1201 said:
@Bainy....not really a pub city. It's a caffe society. Get a taxi to Piazza Trieste e Trento...this will drop you in an area of many options. To the North is Via Toledo you should be able to get a beer (but possibly an alcohol ban on matchday). To the south is the seafront....I think there is a little pub on the right not far from the royal palace. I did here the Germans were singing in Piazza Municipio so there might be a pub there...or perhaps they were swigging wine in the open air, not sure on that one, but they were all pissed.

In the taxi ride you will pass a huge castle (about 2-3 minute walk from Piazza T & T). Piazza Municipio and the port is that area.
As for getting back to hotel after the game many scousers complained about a lack of taxis to get back to Garribaldi. It's a good 20-25 minute walk...some of it through bandit country with scugnizzi sat on scooters taking the piss...although all the trouble did happen the night before they did say they felt intimidation.

Cheers again for the good advise.
we will head to the port. Quite a few blues we know in hotels around there so after game will head there, have a few beers and then taxi back.
Whats the cost of living like? if we stand and have a beer, what should we expect to pay?
Thought Napoli fans were superb at eastlands. The noise and non stop singing was superb. Aris and Poznan were on a par. Aris fans in thessaloniki put on a great show, but there will be 60000 of you as opposed to 20000 of them.
Hope we take a full contingent to your ground and do city proud.
However, lots of scaremongering on here making it sound like beirut!! so, as it stands not sure if we will sell out or even have 1000 there!
This is a very big game for both clubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.