Epic live music performances

Prince at Manchester Academy, 21st Feb 2014. A date on his Hit & Run Tour with 3rdEyeGirl. Having seen him many times since 1988, this topped them all. in fact topped all gigs I have ever seen.

To see him in a small venue as that made it even more electric. The band were so tight, and every bit as good as The Revolution even.

And it was on me birthday. :-)

A former colleague of mine was there that night. She was a real live music fan and probably attended more gigs than anyone I’ve ever known. The poor thing died last year.

Anyway, it stuck in my head that she absolutely raved about that night. She’d seen the little man a few times previously. Jo knew what she was talking about!

Thinking back about all the great concerts I've been to and bands I've seen, the one thing that always sticks in my mind is watching Lynyrd Skynyrd with the line up of guitarists playing Freebird........just brilliant!!!!

Talk Talk: Montreux festival 1986: In my minds eye the best live gig that they ever played. Totally smashed it!

Its been mentioned many times over. This is the holy grail benchmark of what a live performance track should be.

Pure undulated talent!

It's A Shame! Never be With Rage

I saw them at Duxford that year. The Fall were supporting. I say supporting it was more of a caterwaul of noise. Horrendous to listen to. A tale of two Marks. One was absurdly brilliant and one just muttered over and over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.