Epstein / Prince Andrew / Maxwell

Whatever the outcome, the Royal Family’s reputation has suffered a serious kicking. The guy’s famous for being a freeloader, opportunist and all-round cnut. He may be an extreme example of the species but there are other skeletons in cupboards.

Do you think the royal family will see a downturn in support in the decades?

Seems like when the Queens reputation is strongly based on how young she took the thrown. After it's probably just gonna be ageing rich folk without a genuine connection/mythology handing the crown to each other.
As an institution it's pretty much untouchable. They cant just be voted out. All we ask is that they do the duties bestowed on them with dignity and honour.
You cant say that for some of them, but they are human, they make mistakes.
I'm not a staunch royalist, nor am I against them.
I respect the queen immensely, I believe she has always had the country as her no.1 priority.
I dont really see the need for all the residences and the 1000's of acres at balmoral, but hey, it goes with the job. Compared to say, Henry the eighth for instance, qe2 is quite modest in her expenditure.
She's been our finest monarch in my opinion.
As for your first question, no, the young people I deal with seem to love the monarchy, not sure if this is typical though.

Whatever the outcome, the Royal Family’s reputation has suffered a serious kicking. The guy’s famous for being a freeloader, opportunist and all-round cnut. He may be an extreme example of the species but there are other skeletons in cupboards.
I work with someone who has met him twice, through his former job in the raf.
Now this fella is one of the nicest people i've ever met, and never had a bad word to say about anyone, until one day when the subject of prince Andrew came up.
He looks down on everyone, talks to people like shit, and is generally an obnoxious prick. No one likes him, even in the raf.

As an institution it's pretty much untouchable. They cant just be voted out. All we ask is that they do the duties bestowed on them with dignity and honour.
I respect the queen immensely, I believe she has always had the country as her no.1 priority.
I dont really see the need for all the residences and the 1000's of acres at balmoral, but hey, it goes with the job. Compared to say, Henry the eighth for instance, qe2 is quite modest in her expenditure.
As for your first question, no, the young people I deal with seem to love the monarchy, not sure if this is typical though.
I'm no royalist yet I admire Lizzie as the last person in the country who has the respect and admiration of the world. Once she fucks off its pretty much game over.

They literally have the ability to get laws redrafted for their own benefit, and they have done so on several occasions.

They literally have the ability to get laws redrafted for their own benefit, and they have done so on several occasions.

Certain things need a tweak, granted.

I fear you may be correct.
But what's to be done then?
We cant just lynch the bloke cos we think he's a nonce, as many seem to want to.
Her legal team have served papers to the best of their ability.
So what happens now?
He ignores, fails to attend and she gets damages which he will pay, one way or another, and is deemed guilty by default, which he wont want, but wont really affect him, as he's as thick as mince anyway.
He responds and goes to court (no chance)
He will be thinking he's done nothing wrong, burying his head in the sand hoping his legal team will get him out of it.
He will never be tried, so i'm sure he will sleep easy at night knowing he's got away with it (if he's guilty)
People like him have no consience. Self entitled wanker born into a world where the plebs like us are seen as worthless scum.
This is the side of royalty I hate.
I love the queen and how she has served the country all these years with dignity, she doesn't deserve this shit as she approaches her twilight years.
I hope he gets what he deserves.

well it worked for ronaldo

I'm no royalist yet I admire Lizzie as the last person in the country who has the respect and admiration of the world. Once she fucks off its pretty much game over.
You know what, I think you may be right.
I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad.
I'm leaning towards sad.

the whole of them are untouchable always have been always will
even back to the jack the ripper days ? it was said to be a prince in line to the throne and he was well known around them parts and the locals knew

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.