Eric Garcia 2018/19 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said that 'either' he would need to be taller or jump better than he does, in order to be a PL.cb.

For the reason of being able to challenge cfs like Harry Kane or even Lukaku, for headers.

Are you saying I am wrong & that he was already strong enough in the air, to be considered a safe bet in that respect ?

Height is clearly not seen as a deal breaker here. City knew what they were signing and he's already taller than Carlos Puyol and Mascherano who have both played CB to great effect under Pep. You're the only one that seems to be genuinely worried about it. Puyol even acted as his representative in the transfer. I think the level of expertise the people who have been across this matter have should be enough to put an end to these doubts really.

Height is clearly not seen as a deal breaker here. City knew what they were signing and he's already taller than Carlos Puyol and Mascherano who have both played CB to great effect under Pep. You're the only one that seems to be genuinely worried about it. Puyol even acted as his representative in the transfer. I think the level of expertise the people who have been across this matter have should be enough to put an end to these doubts really.

Except it's not just height we are discussing is it ?

That is just people previously seeking to be insulting & cause argument by pretending that was the discussion.

It's about ability to win aerial challenges in the Premier League, which I always thought was pretty important for a central defender here.

Puyol was pretty good at it.

Except it's not just height we are discussing is it ?

That is just people previously seeking to be insulting & cause argument by pretending that was the discussion.

It's about ability to win aerial challenges in the Premier League, which I always thought was pretty important for a central defender here.

Puyol was pretty good at it.

You do seem a bit preoccupied with his height though.

No, I get that, I'm just asking because I presume you & others, who saw Micah Richards play at 17, would notice quite a difference in his ability to get off the ground, compared to Garcia ?

They are similar height.

Can Garcia, make up that difference ?

I have no idea about his aerial ability Nev,i haven't seen enough,i was just being lighthearted.

As far as potential goes though,from what i have seen,i think Taylor Bellis has more.....and he is a beast in the air :-)

I have no idea about his aerial ability Nev,i haven't seen enough,i was just being lighthearted.

As far as potential goes though,from what i have seen,i think Taylor Bellis has more.....and he is a beast in the air :-)

I agree.

IF he can translate that to senior level, he will be spectacular.

My only question with Garcia would be reliability in the air, as they babysat him in the first team when he played & we need the cb to be the person who 'looks after' others rather than.them leaving their positions to cover him.

I hope we see Taylor get the same early promotion Garcia has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.