Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing there

He will never be a high-level player

I'm probably more intelligent than you in general.

I don't see anything special about him

I just played all my life professional and make a living today from football.

if it was up to me all the players in the team were u21

It's like watching Trump talk about football.

I thought he had a poor game yesterday on first viewing but I'll have to watch it again. One thing which has been obvious from day one is he communicates and organises brilliantly.

He'll learn from individual errors but the signs are brilliant. He's clearly extremely intelligent and his composure on the ball is evident. He knows how we want to play and he's good in tight spaces.

Added strength will come with time and so will his chemistry with his teammates. One thing he has now that Otamendi never will is something between his ears. Let him crack on and learn from his mistakes because the signs are very promising.

I thought he had a poor game yesterday on first viewing but I'll have to watch it again. One thing which has been obvious from day one is he communicates and organises brilliantly.

He'll learn from individual errors but the signs are brilliant. He's clearly extremely intelligent and his composure on the ball is evident. He knows how we want to play and he's good in tight spaces.

Added strength will come with time and so will his chemistry with his teammates. One thing he has now that Otamendi never will is something between his ears. Let him crack on and learn from his mistakes because the signs are very promising.

It’s his second premier league game in 2 days against side who were, at the time of playing, were in the top 6 - he’s played with 3 different centre halves(Ota, Fern and Rodders) in at least 2 different formations

He’s done remarkably well not to fall off a cliff given the chaos around him. I’m not sure how good he is but at least he seems to have a brain, be mature and not make any catastrophic mistakes, which can’t be said for most of our defenders over the last couple of games

It’s his second premier league game in 2 days against side who were, at the time of playing, were in the top 6 - he’s played with 3 different centre halves(Ota, Fern and Rodders) in at least 2 different formations

He’s done remarkably well not to fall off a cliff given the chaos around him. I’m not sure how good he is but at least he seems to have a brain, be mature and not make any catastrophic mistakes, which can’t be said for most of our defenders over the last couple of games

The only big mistakes I can remember him making were not pushing up quickly enough and playing Whathisface onside and letting Whathisname drift behind him for the header which hit the post.

On another day those could have been really costly but we got away with it and it's all part of the learning experience.

The alternative is thirteen years older and plays like he's in the under 8s so I'd be more than happy to stick with Eric and watch him progress into a top class player.

I think he could be great but he's not better than Otamendi right now.
Give the lad time. On his first full prem start I thought he showed more defensive nous than Ottamendi has this season. Never once was he on his arse, which is a regular theme with Nico. I would play him more now that the league is done and see how he fares.

Bit of a shaky performance - seemed unsure at times - at one point was far back of the rest of our defensive line playing an attacker onside (this perhaps due mostly to lack of playing time).

Still, he's got decent pace and at the least got into position to at least bother an attacker when long balls were played against us. Moreover, Garcia didn't make any huge passing/positional blunders. Garcia is a steady performer, still learning the game - and IMO, is probably our 2nd best CB ATM.

But he's no worse and will improve, as opposed to Otamendi.

This. Give him a run and find someone to play alongside him for said run (I'd play Ferna until Stones is fit). I'd have him playing against Real and so would want him playing every game in the lead up to that.

This. Give him a run and find someone to play alongside him for said run (I'd play Ferna until Stones is fit). I'd have him playing against Real and so would want him playing every game in the lead up to that.
He wont drop fern for stones until laporte is back its ferandinho and who ever is the next best

But he's no worse and will improve, as opposed to Otamendi.
This is the big thing. Otamendi’s best years are 3-5 years behind him; Garcia’s are 8-10 years ahead of him. He’s already no worse than Otamendi, so he’s first choice for one of those centre half spots now for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.