Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I look at it, I'd prefer we allow an 18 year old talent the opportunity to play and develop into a starting option with the off shot being that he will make a few mistakes along the way, rather than giving that game time to Otamendi, who will be leaving the club in the summer and will create his own cock ups anyway.

Garcia has all the time to get better and learn from his mistakes, whereas we've seen with Otamendi that's never going to happen. Pep needs to be ruthless and cast him out and make sure he secures that move in the summer. With the league as good as gone, now is the perfect time to offer out some game time to Garcia.

Reactions: TFC
The way I look at it, I'd prefer we allow an 18 year old talent the opportunity to play and develop into a starting option with the off shot being that he will make a few mistakes along the way, rather than giving that game time to Otamendi, who will be leaving the club in the summer and will create his own cock ups anyway.

Garcia has all the time to get better and learn from his mistakes, whereas we've seen with Otamendi that's never going to happen. Pep needs to be ruthless and cast him out and make sure he secures that move in the summer. With the league as good as gone, now is the perfect time to offer out some game time to Garcia.
id rather we risk using our own young players rather than taking a 50 million gamble on someone elses

I agree. Otamendi has done shit us. While we're at this Position we should do that. I mean why do they invest into the academy anyway if no1 is getting into the first Team. If it goes well we can replace all the players we're losing ( Otamendi, D.Silva and maybe Sane) with players from the Youth. I'm pretty sure Sancho wasn't the only gem in the Academy. Liverpool Made their fullbacks better too. That #66 came from their own academy. Pep really has to try something new instead of being so stubborn.

Save us millions this lad and Taylor Harwood-Bellis
Garcia I think might become very good, but Harwood-Bellis... wow

I'm absolutely positive he is going to become one of the best defenders Englands ever seen. He seems to have every single abillity needed at 17. Futures bright

Last edited:

Just so.

Food for thought - when we went to a back three - Garcia - Rodri - Fernandhio - I thought that we were far, far better defensively. For the rest of this season I'd like to see something similar - one of our centerbacks can cheat back once a long ball is played, substantially increasing our resilience against such attacks. Going 442 we seem much more exposed.

id rather we risk using our own young players rather than taking a 50 million gamble on someone elses
Our approach has always been to let other teams find out if they can cope at PL level then buy those that can.
I suppose when we have emergencies like now our hand is being forced a little so hopefully a real chance for one or two of our own to shine.

Our approach has always been to let other teams find out if they can cope at PL level then buy those that can.
I suppose when we have emergencies like now our hand is being forced a little so hopefully a real chance for one or two of our own to shine.
We havent been doing that really with centre backs or defenders in general. Weve been taking expensive gambles and only one has panned out. Laporte is the only success this approach has given us in defence and maybe walker but hes been no where near the success laporte has been everyone else has been an expensive flop. We need to learn that especially in centre back its very risky buying a young player we have no idea how he'll turn out and we need to stop taking such massive risks and if we want to take a risk use our own youth players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.