Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen I can't understand why he wasn't utilized more as soon as Laporte got injured

From what I've seen I can't understand why he wasn't utilized more as soon as Laporte got injured
Garcia does at least seem to be much pacier than Otters and less prone to the occasional bonehead mistake than Stones.

But Garcia did seem a bit shaky at times in his first start against SU - occasionally uncertain on the ball - beaten for pace (but at least getting into position to affect the play) at least once.

I think he's all of 18-years old - he's got tons of potential. And if we're going to a back three - well, I think he's nailed down a spot there given his performances so far.

He looks a prospect, especially as he gets older and stronger. He has made a few mistakes and played Everton on by being slow to move up. He is still very young though and will get more savvy as he gains experience. Assuming that Ota moves on, he would make a good fourth choice cb. I am assuming that we buy a more experienced player to partner Laporte as first choice. We are probably stuck with Stones so that completes the four.

He looks a prospect, especially as he gets older and stronger. He has made a few mistakes and played Everton on by being slow to move up. He is still very young though and will get more savvy as he gains experience. Assuming that Ota moves on, he would make a good fourth choice cb. I am assuming that we buy a more experienced player to partner Laporte as first choice. We are probably stuck with Stones so that completes the four.
Look stones isnt shite, only kompany partnered nico and looked solid. When stones is next to laporte he looks good. Bring in koulibaly and with Garcia that is a solid 4 cbs. With THB slotting in to the 4 with any injuries and we are sorted for a long time.

I really don't want people to be against me, I'm not here to annoy people. As for the physicality, in my opinion the modern CB should be at least 1.84,1.85m. Look at the best center backs in the world in recent years, it's true Ramos "only" 1.84 but Van Dijk 1.93, Pique 1.94, Koulibaly 1.95, Varane 1.91, Lenglet 1.86, Hummels 1.91, J Boateng 1.92, De Ligt 1.89, Laporte 1.90,. And lots of other examples. Now its true that Cannavaro and Puyol were below 1.80 but for every Puyol there are dozens of other WC CB taller than 1.85 during the history. Now the official height of Eric Garcia(according to the Internet) is 1.82 but in my opinion he is closer to 1.78 maybe 1.79 on a good day (I've compared dozens of pictures of him standing next to other players and checked their height) beyond that he is very skinny and lack of pace.
I'm not excited about his pass accuracy because most of them are for the others defenders and the GK, and I believe you will have about the same percentage of accuracy.(even though he passed 2 very nice forward balls today )
Now, I haven't seen anything supreme of him yet that can make up for the physical disadvantages. I would like a high a,strong and fast CB like Van Dijk or Koulibaly and not slow ,short and skinny one but that's just me.
(Of course he can get stronger physically and add pounds of muscle in the future, but he may also become slower and heavy, and maybe not. I do not know )
you missed off vinny...

I love him. Prince Eric!
His intangibles are off the charts for someone so young. Great leader, can organize the defensive line, very intelligent on the ball.
Physicality will improve with experience and maturity. So excited to see what the future holds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.