Eric Garcia - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He for me is the reason I don't think we need to spend big money on Koulibaly. He'll make the odd mistake but so would Koulibaly, so would any CB including Laporte and VVD. Laporte made two howlers in the Champions League last season, shit happens but I trust the lad, he's got his head screwed on and doesn't seem fazed by anything.
If you could guarantee, Laporte and Garcia, could play every game, and avoid injury then it’s an argument. The fact is though an injury to Laporte would leave us no better off than this season. Koulibaly, Laporte, Garcia and another gives us more security rotation and rest options and a three option when required. If not Koulibaly then somebody experienced to replace Otamendi is essential.

If you could guarantee, Laporte and Garcia, could play every game, and avoid injury then it’s an argument. The fact is though an injury to Laporte would leave us no better off than this season. Koulibaly, Laporte, Garcia and another gives us more security rotation and rest options and a three option when required. If not Koulibaly then somebody experienced to replace Otamendi is essential.
For me the right / left balance is more critical, I'd take Ake now Bournemouth are as good as down on the left. On the right we have Garcia, Stones (if he stays), Tosin (who I think can make it), Harwood-Bellis and Fernandinho as an all else fails option for 12 months.

Plus the ages are ideal if we get Koulibaly:

García 19
Laporte 26
Koulibaly 29
Fernandinho 35

I think that’s exactly what you should have at centre half. The ideal spread of ages.

As the older one retires or moves on, you either buy another 32 year old for a few years or promote another teenager as the youngest one gets into his 20s.

He and Laporte made quite a few technical mistakes(bad clearences/misplaced passes in defense) against Southampton & Brighton.

The other important thing that most people don't take into consideration:
Does Garcia realistically want to be #2 behind a "world class" RCB for 3 years?
Especially when he feels ready & Barca keep calling?
I mean we have Jesus who's not kicked up a fuss despite being behind Aguero for a long time now. Foden's been very patient too. I'd count Bravo too.
We have consistently had Otamendi, Stones, and even Kompany being 2nd string for long spells in Pep's tenure without throwing a hissy fit.. There's as much argument to say he'll be happy to stay and learn and fight than he is to look elsewhere.

It's unlikely Garcia won't get a satisfactory amount games at his age if he's only 2nd behind another CB too.

He and Laporte made quite a few technical mistakes(bad clearences/misplaced passes in defense) against Southampton & Brighton.

The other important thing that most people don't take into consideration:
Does Garcia realistically want to be #2 behind a "world class" RCB for 3 years?
Especially when he feels ready & Barca keep calling?
Don’t forget, Pep rotates more than anyone.

Only Ederson, Laporte, de Bruyne and Kun are assured of a place in our team for big games and other than the big games all but Ederson are fair game for rotation.

We have a squad, not a team. Nobody is really second choice, everyone is just part of the squad and they all play a huge part.

I mean we have Jesus who's not kicked up a fuss despite being behind Aguero for a long time now. Foden's been very patient too. I'd count Bravo too.
We have consistently had Otamendi, Stones, and even Kompany being 2nd string for long spells in Pep's tenure without throwing a hissy fit.. There's as much argument to say he'll be happy to stay and learn and fight than he is to look elsewhere.

It's unlikely Garcia won't get a satisfactory amount games at his age if he's only 2nd behind another CB too.
Garcia is Barca through and through.
Just like Foden is City through and through.

They are both very ambitious kids in their own different ways.

But you cannot rotate Centre-backs like you do with midfielders or Forwards.

Don’t forget, Pep rotates more than anyone.

Only Ederson, Laporte, de Bruyne and Kun are assured of a place in our team for big games and other than the big games all but Ederson are fair game for rotation.

We have a squad, not a team. Nobody is really second choice, everyone is just part of the squad and they all play a huge part.

rotating CB's is not the same as rotating midfielders or Forwards or even Full-backs.

especially when one of the two is a 29 year old "world class" player & the other one just a wonderkid.

Garcia is Barca through and through.
Just like Foden is City through and through.

They are both very ambitious kids in their own different ways.

But you cannot rotate Centre-backs like you do with midfielders or Forwards.

rotating CB's is not the same as rotating midfielders or Forwards or even Full-backs.

especially when one of the two is a 29 year old "world class" player & the other one just a wonderkid.
But we do rotate our CBs and Pep isn’t going to stop doing so no matter who plays for us.

But we do rotate our CBs and Pep isn’t going to stop doing so.
yes of course we do rotate.
But we have Laporte as the #1 which rarely ever change.

Buying a world class 29 year old for ~£60m to rotate with an ambitious teenager... for 3 years? that is not going to end well.

and then when you think of the fact that we need to buy an additional CB in addition to that 29 year old.
(Stones & Otamendi leaving).

and then you think of Taylor Bellis ( Loan him out for 3 years or so?) and you have a problem of overcrowded RCB's

yes of course we do rotate.
But we have Laporte as the #1 which rarely ever change.

Buying a world class 29 year old for ~£60m to rotate with an ambitious teenager... for 3 years? that is not going to end well.

and then when you think of the fact that we need to buy an additional CB in addition to that 29 year old.
(Stones & Otamendi leaving).

and then you think of Taylor Bellis ( Loan him out for 3 years or so?) and you have a problem of overcrowded RCB's

Whichever CB gets bought will have to deal with being rotated, he won't be being rotated for 'just a wonderkid' he will be being rotated because that is how Pep plays his game of squad rotation.

Personally myself I want Garcia to be given the chance to lock down the 'mythical' number 2 CB spot, somebody mentioned Ake earlier, I'd say Garcia is probably already his equal and I wouldn't be keen on paying the English homegrown rate to get him to our club.

We won't do it but I'd try and sign a 32yo to steady the ship and give one last hurrah to and somebody who will be glad to be rotated to prolong his career at the top for a little longer, not sure who though but like I said we don't sign old players.

Whichever CB gets bought will have to deal with being rotated, he won't be being rotated for 'just a wonderkid' he will be being rotated because that is how Pep plays his game of squad rotation.

Personally myself I want Garcia to be given the chance to lock down the 'mythical' number 2 CB spot, somebody mentioned Ake earlier, I'd say Garcia is probably already his equal and I wouldn't be keen on paying the English homegrown rate to get him to our club.

We won't do it but I'd try and sign a 32yo to steady the ship and give one last hurrah to and somebody who will be glad to be rotated to prolong his career at the top for a little longer, not sure who though but like I said we don't sign old players.

a Left footed "World Class" or "Top Class" CB solves many more problems then a right footed one would.

It also gives you many more options when choosing the second CB to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.