Eric Garcia joins Barcelona

No great loss, when I've seen him play he's been no better than average, good luck to him though.
On a side note, Barca have taken Garcia and Kun, could they not do a treble and take Mendy.

Did we put in any sell on / buy back clause or did we actually get a few quid up front for a change?
It would be interesting to know the cost of him being here for producing absolutely nothing in return!
He isn't under contract after the end of this month so joins them in July for no transfer fee or contract involved between the clubs.

Barca are liable to pay a development fee of 360k Euros for his years at city under 21 providing he is on City's retained list, but if he isn't we get nothing.

Never saw one player play confidently with him, at the side of him or behind him, maybe the dippers game last season where he got exposed several times & Mane had two left feet, the rest including the cup semi where abject performances from him & all around, for me he was sixth choice here so good luck to him at Barca, can’t see him turning into another Pique & will be prepared to eat a massive slice of humble pie if he got half way there

I think you would have to come up with something tangible to convince me that it was a smart move as your post makes it look even more bizarre.

Turning down that amount of money for a complete waste of space who was leaving this summer regardless was madness. We fucked up.

City generate revenue of around £500 million a year. Liverpool's failure to replace Lovren(!) almost cost them the best part of £100m, so turning down even £10m wouldn't have been a big deal.

Ake missed most of the season injured, and what if Stones hadn't got his act together and ended up showing the same form that put him out of the squad for long periods?

How do we know what happened in the week after we signed Dias? Stones was already on his first injury of the season, and was potentially being sold. Maybe if he'd not just got injured he would have been? Maybe one of Stones/Garcia were expected to leave, but the transfers didn't happen. Maybe it was Stones that was expected to go, and only when he didn't get a transfer, did they go back to Barcelona, who then tried to screw the price down to the floor?

What if the club decided that a few million was worth it for a little more insurance in defence, and that allowing him to leave on a very low fee would encourage other clubs to try it on with lower fees for our academy graduates?

Pep seemed enamoured with him. All I saw was a relatively short, slow player with average passing ability and below average physical traits. Hopefully THB gets a chance next season in the Cups.

I thought it was a bit OTT that the BBC ran this as “Breaking News” - probably the worst kept secret in football after Grealish joining us...!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.