Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly are you suggesting 'has come out' in the last 48 hrs? That Eric made a decision to leave or that he told Pep finally? He has rebuffed contract extensions since end of last year so no question it takes two to tango, similarly Txiki et al understood both what happens to an expiring contract for a player much less a Catalan cantera kid desiring a return home

The only thing that came out is Pep answering the question - he could've just as easily said he will talk about transfers at the end of CL. Pep never does anything without thinking it through, if nothing else he took the opportunity to contain the story which had been building for months

And indeed there is something to be gained by Puyol & Garcia to leak to Domenech his interest to return. I have repeatedly stated this, a cantera player that leaves on their own volition when they were prioritized must be proactive for any return to be possible, hence the leak. Prior to that all anyone knew was the player had stalled on extending, there were no links for a Barca return until the leak. It was clever from Puyol & Garcia, plus they used an extremely reputable source in Domenech - it applied pressure on the board. Even initially there was speculation that the board were not interested or at best were going to only give the illusion of his pursuit to appease a base that have grown tired of this shite board

The leak was to show interest in returning should the board prioritize him, local papers did not react for weeks after. It built momentum until a response was warranted but absolutely baseless that somehow Barca unsettled the player or engaged in anything unprofessional.

Peps been playing the kid for one reason he believes in him and believed he was staying. He won’t be playing tomorrow because in the last 48 hours something Has changed.

What exactly are you suggesting 'has come out' in the last 48 hrs? That Eric made a decision to leave or that he told Pep finally? He has rebuffed contract extensions since end of last year so no question it takes two to tango, similarly Txiki et al understood both what happens to an expiring contract for a player much less a Catalan cantera kid desiring a return home

The only thing that came out is Pep answering the question - he could've just as easily said he will talk about transfers at the end of CL. Pep never does anything without thinking it through, if nothing else he took the opportunity to contain the story which had been building for months

And indeed there is something to be gained by Puyol & Garcia to leak to Domenech his interest to return. I have repeatedly stated this, a cantera player that leaves on their own volition when they were prioritized must be proactive for any return to be possible, hence the leak. Prior to that all anyone knew was the player had stalled on extending, there were no links for a Barca return until the leak. It was clever from Puyol & Garcia, plus they used an extremely reputable source in Domenech - it applied pressure on the board. Even initially there was speculation that the board were not interested or at best were going to only give the illusion of his pursuit to appease a base that have grown tired of this shite board

The leak was to show interest in returning should the board prioritize him, local papers did not react for weeks after. It built momentum until a response was warranted but absolutely baseless that somehow Barca unsettled the player or engaged in anything unprofessional.

We don’t really care that much. Our academy is making money - & Barca are contributing.

I thought he had a lot of potential until I saw him look like a snail against Mane and Aubameyang. Also torn to shreds by an unknown Bournemouth player recently.

He’s not a good 1v1 defender.

Brilliant business from us, genuinely happy for this sale.

Barca and Real do this all the time, promise the world to youngsters than when they don’t impress, quickly move them on.

good luck to him.

I don’t know who’s in charge of buying players at Barca but they’re clearly delusional, bought Braithwaite in January already planning to move him. Swapping a young talent Arthur for an aging Pjanic. Coutinho, the lists goes on and on.

Now after losing La Liga to Real Madrid they target our 4th choice CB as a defensive reinforcement haha

hilarious really.

I thought he had a lot of potential until I saw him look like a snail against Mane and Aubameyang. Also torn to shreds by an unknown Bournemouth player recently.

Barca and Real do this all the time, promise the world to youngsters than when they don’t impress, quickly move them on.

good luck to him.

I don’t know who’s in charge of buying players at Barca but they’re clearly delusional, bought Braithwaite in January already planning to move him. Swapping a young talent Arthur for an aging Pjanic. Coutinho, the lists goes on and on.

Now after losing La Liga to Real Madrid they target our 4th choice CB as a defensive reinforcement haha

hilarious really.

Perhaps Barca will be our Steve Bruce.

Peps been playing the kid for one reason he believes in him and believed he was staying. He won’t be playing tomorrow because in the last 48 hours something Has changed.
How do we know Pep wasn’t just playing him to try to convince him to extend, to lull him into a feeling that he is more important than he actually is? Maybe that was the reality and Garcia looked at our obvious transfer intentions and realised he’s 4th choice at best next season. Garcia suddenly playing out of nowhere seems to align more with that theory than Pep suddenly gaining more trust in him. I think it was part of an effort to get him to extend. Which Garcia, being an intelligent kid, clearly didn’t fall for. Barca could be selling him a pipe dream though, but that’s the decision he’s taken.

I don't understand computers but had Google privacy notice about an attack on my account on here. Obviously Jürgen Klopp but would advise turning phones on and off.

If Garcia stays until next season and then leaves, would we not get a fee set by a tribunal. Similar to the dippers having to pay £6.5m for Danny Ings from Burnley in 2015. Or am I barking up the wrong tree.

Good point. Depends on if he is on a professional contract or not.

Fucking hell can't you ever shut up with your " informed " fanboy drivel ?

Nobody gives a fuck you pathetic twat.
Leonardo-DiCaprio-Clap.gif

Reactions: CC1

good luck to him.

hilarious really.

Strange that Guardiola persisted in playing him, then, and strange that the club is reportedly furious to be losing him. This is evidently a painful loss for the club and Guardiola, who has invested so much of his own time in encouraging and nurturing him. They recognised his potential and wanted him to fulfill it here.

As you yourself stated in the player’s performance thread:

“Eric is already better than both Otamendi and Stones.” and “A couple years learning from Laporte and hopefully Koulibaly then he’ll be top top class.” ;-)

How do we know Pep wasn’t just playing him to try to convince him to extend, to lull him into a feeling that he is more important than he actually is? Maybe that was the reality and Garcia looked at our obvious transfer intentions and realised he’s 4th choice at best next season. Garcia suddenly playing out of nowhere seems to align more with that theory than Pep suddenly gaining more trust in him. I think it was part of an effort to get him to extend. Which Garcia, being an intelligent kid, clearly didn’t fall for. Barca could be selling him a pipe dream though, but that’s the decision he’s taken.
My thoughts too that he saw our shopping list for this window and thought he would struggle for games next season. I don't blame the lad one bit and hope it works out for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.