Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone give me some specific mistakes he has made ? Not seen him dive in not seen him miss a tackle do not think his timing of headers is an issue yes he is short and not quick but there was that foot race recently and him and Laporte who is not slow for CB got back about the same time
He made a couple of positional errors, lost Mane a couple of times but nothing out of the ordinary for any defender. We've all seen Laporte, Kompany, VVD and Koulibaly get beat in similar situations over the years and multiple ocvasions, no one is perfect.

What got me was the criticism for things like the Aubamayang goal, which was a brilliant piece of positional play and intelligence from Garcia, ruined only by Mendy's failure to hold the line to play him offside. A few posters use shit like that to hammer the kid to try and justify their desperation for a new signing or because they've heard pundits using the same lazy "raw and inexperienced" arguments at all young defenders (unless they play in red).

Absolutely, but Denayer, at that stage, was a very similar player to Ake now, just less experienced.

He did everything asked of him, even had a good game for Belgium v France & we dumped him.

It took him a while to get back to that level after being passed around clubs. He nearly fucked himself up.

He looks ok nowardays tbf.

But there is no consistency in who gets a shot at the first team.

I fully agree with you on the inconsistency but would say Denayer is far better than ‘okay’. He has rich experience now and has played 8 European League games and 18 Champions League games. Ake’s experience has generally been defending in England and only has a game and minutes in European competitions. Denayer is now starting to captain Lyon as well. Not saying one is better than the other, but we probably wouldn’t have had to shell out for Ake now if Denayer had been given a proper chance here.

The elite starts and ends with clubs who players with no allegiance too aspire to move to, non of those 3 I believe are in that bracket as for whether we are you decide for yourself.

That’s too narrow a definition for me. Was Sane a big Bayern Munich fan?
Not being argumentative, just think it sounds condescending to describe clubs as non-elite, especially one that has featured in recent Champions League finals.

I fully agree with you on the inconsistency but would say Denayer is far better than ‘okay’. He has rich experience now and has played 8 European League games and 18 Champions League games. Ake’s experience has generally been defending in England and only has a game and minutes in European competitions. Denayer is now starting to captain Lyon as well. Not saying one is better than the other, but we probably wouldn’t have had to shell out for Ake now if Denayer had been given a proper chance here.

Maybe not, hard to say.

I just know he did far far more than Garcia to deserve a chance & I don't understand our thinking in general, from one manager to the next.

He made a couple of positional errors, lost Mane a couple of times but nothing out of the ordinary for any defender. We've all seen Laporte, Kompany, VVD and Koulibaly get beat in similar situations over the years and multiple ocvasions, no one is perfect.

What got me was the criticism for things like the Aubamayang goal, which was a brilliant piece of positional play and intelligence from Garcia, ruined only by Mendy's failure to hold the line to play him offside. A few posters use shit like that to hammer the kid to try and justify their desperation for a new signing or because they've heard pundits using the same lazy "raw and inexperienced" arguments at all young defenders (unless they play in red).

Tbf, 'raw & inexperienced' is a perfectly reasonable excuse & would cover the other similar instances, where nobody was playing anyone onside but the same thing happened.

However, the problem which arises is that he has no other option. It's offside or bust. Even if he had the awareness to drop off, he still wouldn't be able to do anything.

Maybe not, hard to say.

I just know he did far far more than Garcia to deserve a chance & I don't understand our thinking in general, from one manager to the next.

There doesn’t seem to be any consistency. Sometimes wonder if the weight of Bluemoon opinion ends up swaying club decisions. Adarabioyo is already being written off on here, just like Denayer was, and I suspect he’ll not be given time and opportunity to learn and become a top player at the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.