Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not playing a player for non sporting reasons is a undeserved punishment and not only as a former player & product of La Masia himself it is viewed as cynical & negative. That sort of line is bad enough for someone of Pep's character to cross in the first place but against his own club too? You think Figo was treated badly?

It could be that bad. As I say, I struggle to see it getting there but that would be my only stress about the eventual return of the player. He's coming and it's only a matter of when & for how much. Tarnishing your favorite son legacy is priceless too
Haha ,you have excelled yourself there

Not playing a player for non sporting reasons is a undeserved punishment and not only as a former player & product of La Masia himself it is viewed as cynical & negative. That sort of line is bad enough for someone of Pep's character to cross in the first place but against his own club too? You think Figo was treated badly?

It could be that bad. As I say, I struggle to see it getting there but that would be my only stress about the eventual return of the player. He's coming and it's only a matter of when & for how much. Tarnishing your favorite son legacy is priceless too
It’s a transfer negotiation like any other there is a price we won’t sell at which has nothing to do with Pep. He’ll have no involvement in setting the fee.

How is this thread rumbling on so much?

A promising player who's leaving, but doesn't suit the PL and doesn't improve the team.

Adios, Eric.

It’s a transfer negotiation like any other there is a price we won’t sell at which has nothing to do with Pep. He’ll have no involvement in setting the fee.

Been patently clear I am not talking about the fee number, I am talking about the threat of punishment used as leverage

It’s rather peculiar that you always seem to see relationships as a one-directional thing. Guardiola could be sitting thinking that he’d already developed a particular bond with Garcia and was intent on moulding a player in his image, one who would be humble and who would one day return and captain Barcelona, leading it back to glory. Under his tutelage, Garcia would have learned these things, blossomed, and come back at 24 ready to play his part. Instead, the player’s head is turned, his reputation tarnished, and in Guardiola's mind trust between him and the player and his ex club is not what it was. Cuts both ways.

He’s part of the travelling squad to Lisbon which is interesting. If he was definitely leaving he wouldn’t be travelling i wouldn’t have thought.

Been patently clear I am not talking about the fee number, I am talking about the threat of punishment used as leverage
He was in the Madrid squad 48 hours after telling the club he wasn't renewing and is with the team in Lisbon right now. Pretty clear he's not going to be "punished". If he isn't sold this summer he'll just stick around and be fourth/fifth choice, probably probably play a few dead rubbers or cup games here and there, and then leave. If he wants to go sooner he can ask Barcelona to pay his very reasonable transfer fee or he can be patient. It's not our obligation to give you the player just because you want him back and doesn't make anyone look bad but Barcelona, who could only throw together a poverty offer for a player it allegedly thinks very highly of.

@Gabriel No question but that way also sidesteps the very real club bond both know full well too - something only players like Eric & Pep can appreciate. Pep knows the pull of going into the Barca first team, he would've preferred it came later I am sure for Garcia but at the end of the day he understands. It's why I contend, the Pep I have come to know, would not cross that line in terms of punishment. It'd be out of character on top of the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.