Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
All true.

But as i pointed out on the other thread, the fans and the entitled expectation they have play as much of a part.

You mean you want to fashion the discussion to suit your narrative? By all means, pile on

The board sack managers within 6 months, get into debt to pay for world class players or promising young talents, ship out youth players they can recoup cash on etc etc, to get instant results, or if they dont see a return straight away, because they have to please.

And that pressure isn't going away, when the new lot take over. Hence the original by the other poster, point you said had no logic, same problems and difficulties will still exist. I doubt they will have the time needed to truly tackle them. Will always have to maibtain a level of success and that comes at a cost.

Board hired a non Cruyffist in Valverde the same summer Neymar flew to Paris - a staunch 4-4-2 man who has never known to boast an attacking side as coach. Then persisted him despite debacles against Roma & Anfield. Nothing to do with fans but a board trying to consolidate control by appointing yes men to carry out their project that has been devoid of any sporting logic. Most fans never advocated for either Coutinho or Griezmann but they did it anyway and that's only the big failures - you can die from a thousand small cuts too

Board hired a non Cruyffist in Valverde the same summer Neymar flew to Paris - a staunch 4-4-2 man who has never known to boast an attacking side as coach. Then persisted him despite debacles against Roma & Anfield. Nothing to do with fans but a board trying to consolidate control by appointing yes men to carry out their project that has been devoid of any sporting logic. Most fans never advocated for either Coutinho or Griezmann but they did it anyway and that's only the big failures - you can die from a thousand small cuts too

Again true, even with the bit of revisionism in that.

Time will tell. Either way, i do wish Barca well, always liked the club, eventhough i'm happy to call out their fans' or hierarchy's bollocks when at it.

You mean you want to fashion the discussion to suit your narrative? By all means, pile on

There is an element of both takes being true. Yes the board have turned the club in to something it never was, a galactico / reactionary model of management more akin to the other spanish club none of us like.

But name me a fan base that doesn't get excited and creme their pants over a big signing. Big signings are celebrated more than winning matches now. Its almost like two games going on - the one on the pitch and the one of it where fans cheer on the financial power of their club. Fans even cheering on a new sponsorship - its sad and we do it as much as anyone else.

The key to success on the pitch, in my view, comes in one of two ways; having a long term consistent management of the squad where you know exactly what you want your team to look like and you constantly develop and buy players in line with that mold improving year on year until you hit the top / maintain top level.

Or, you buy in big managers who bring their own philosophy and expect to be given teh funds to buy teh best players in the worlds and you fit a good squad around a couple of worldy's and expect results straight up - if it doesn't work you rinse and repeat.

The fact two Barca galactico signings came of the bench late on and one got two goals and an assist although was on loan at the other side says it all.
Type 1 works better but you need patience from all involved fans and management, its long term - it should always be long term. Clubs often shit the bed and throw themselves into type 2 which only works with masses of money and you take the hits and misses on the way.

If Coutinho wins the Champions League with Bayern Munich, Barcelona will have to pay €5m to Dippers.

Will they? dint think that bonus counts if he wins it with another club.

5m of coutinho money is probably enough to buy mbappe though.

Messi is the best, ever. His story is not over. You’re fooling only yourself if you think there wouldn’t be a long line of suitors

He is, but there won't be a long line of clubs after him, not now. For all the reasons others have noted.

How long is a peice of long line.

He is, but there won't be a long line of clubs after him, not now. For all the reasons others have noted.

How long is a peice of long line.
Messi looks very tired over the last 18 months- 2 years , personally think he should have left Barca sometime ago.

Messi looks very tired over the last 18 months- 2 years , personally think he should have left Barca sometime ago.

So do I. He'd do well at inter, or PSG.

Probably broadly the extent of that line though.

The key to success on the pitch, in my view, comes in one of two ways; having a long term consistent management of the squad where you know exactly what you want your team to look like and you constantly develop and buy players in line with that mold improving year on year until you hit the top / maintain top level.

That's the model, the model that this board abandoned & proactively undermined right from the off - taking away the honorary title from Cruyff, precedent was set. Everything since has been a trickle down effect

I hope Pep and the lads got a good night's sleep last night, it must of been hard too sleep with all the banging Garcia was doing on Peps door, demanding a contract extension, Barca are Barca and will always have a pull, but we are currently a far better prospect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.