Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ake is known for a good leap that helps him to be competitive in the air. Garcia isn’t.

Garcia is too slow for our defensive high line. Garcia is good on the ball and a decent tackler but didn’t shine in games against top strikers. He shouldn’t get near our Prem first team but he will be on relatively cheap wages so he can play for the EDS and get more Carabao Cup minutes. That’s if Barca don’t stump up the cash.
He's 19, he played in one of the best teams ever seen in the Premiership , he played in the Champions league, in both competitions he did not look out of place.

I really don't want to be that guy. We've all said stupid shit in the past. It's glaringly obvious what's happened here and it's pretty embarrassing. Before the summer he was a top prospect who was about to sign a new contract. Now he's past it. A defender for past eras.

He’s still a top prospect and it was exciting seeing him break through.

Garcia could of stayed and learned behind Laporte and our new 1st choice CB and after a few years maybe develop into a top player.

But now he chose to go to Barca, He’s only 19 and not ready to be a starter for a big club imo. Garcia decided not to renew so we should sell him and accept the €18m or so bid Barca apparently made.

Personally think it’s a wrong career move but it’s his choice. Take the money, no point letting him go for free especially considering he’s not really an important squad player right now.

What then, other than his passing, makes him outstanding ?

It's definitely not his comprehension of offside.
a 19 yr old Spanish kid playing probably the hardest position in football in one of the best club sides in world football.

He was better than Stones and Otto last season, he was trusted by his manager more, I will take Pep's opinion more than yours thanks!

Regrettably, I think many will be saying similar when Pep leaves - the jilted lover syndrome

I disagree, the cases are very different. There's a sense that Garcia has taken more out of City than he has put in. Nobody could say that about Pep.

He has failed so far in the Champions League but transformed the domestic game in England and set many records, including the domestic treble win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.