Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I had an agenda against Garcia, because I watched him & thought he wasn't good enough at defending to think he would make it in the Premier League ?

Where could you have possibly watched him enough at 17 to have made a sweeping & definitive conclusion when 10 years of youth experience only highlighted how special the player is? So yes, agenda

You're predicting City fans reactions(incorrectly) and comparing them to your lot, you really don't know us. You may have low standards, we don't.

I hate to break it to you but both Bayern & Barca have been bigger clubs for a long time, their fan base are just as fickle as any other - including City

And for the record, like a weather vane switching direction the criticisms of Garcia piled on the moment Pep declared he would not be extending from the lot without low standards

Isn't there enough fake news out there to revise history/reality?

I hate to break it to you but both Bayern & Barca have been bigger clubs for a long time, their fan base are just as fickle as any other - including City

And for the record, like a weather vane switching direction the criticisms of Garcia piled on the moment Pep declared he would not be extending from the lot without low standards

Isn't there enough fake news out there to revise history/reality?
Well being a Barca fan I suppose you would know all about revising history.

But that exactly is why other players are in our team. Stones, ederson, gundogan and any and every player that makes it onto the pitch, is there to pass pass pass (and press), and if they can't, other players get on.

Yes.
Exactly.

That's why Garcia has been picked, not because he can defend. They are hoping he will also learn how to defend, because he is an intelligent player.

It didn't work. And if it does in the future it's of no use to us.

Where could you have possibly watched him enough at 17 to have made a sweeping & definitive conclusion when 10 years of youth experience only highlighted how special the player is? So yes, agenda

You don't half talk some shit.

So many of Garcia's performances were streamed live at that age as he was playing in the Youth Champions League, FA Youth Cup, etc. In the past its also been very easy to watch at the Minihad.

He's never stood out as being this amazing defender that he's being billed as.

He's always been slow, always poor in the air, always just an average player in that position.

His intelligence has helped him achieve more but it's not enough at the level.

Just sell him, I see no reason to play him/improve him/give him more experience all for making him a better player when Barca snaps him up for free next summer.

We should improve/put energy into players that are here to stay.

I think if that 18m euros is the best Txiki was able to negotiate, we have to accept.

Just sell him, I see no reason to play him/improve him/give him more experience all for making him a better player when Barca snaps him up for free next summer.

We should improve/put energy into players that are here to stay.

I think if that 18m euros is the best Txiki was able to negotiate, we have to accept.

Totally agree But pep seems to love the kid and if he stays he will keep playing him and I feel uncomfortable with that.

I didn't make a sweeping & definitive conclusion at the time. You made that for me in your fantasy Culo world.

I made the obvious conclusion that he would need to get much better in the air & get either much quicker or much tougher & smarter on the ground, to become a PL defender.

Then he played in the League Cup & had the same obvious flaws. Some folks reconed he would get bigger or faster & jump higher.

Perhaps he will, but that would be unusual. If he does, he'll be a player there. I said I think he might make a really good def mid. I would keep him here as a prospect for that.

None of it matters, because we have been playing a shit cb, in our team, because he can pass the ball & because of what he might possibly be one day & it's a fucking joke.

As was playing Bernarbe at left back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.