Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sell him, I see no reason to play him/improve him/give him more experience all for making him a better player when Barca snaps him up for free next summer.

We should improve/put energy into players that are here to stay.

I think if that 18m euros is the best Txiki was able to negotiate, we have to accept.

We don't have to accept Anything.

Barcelona have more to lose not signing him this summer, than we do in not taking a below offer valuation. Up to them to pay to sign him. Otherwise, he seems happy to stay, the club seems happy to keep him around, so Barcelona can wait. Or, they spend even more on another defender that isn't a 'catalan cantera kid' and has no political PR value.

@Otamendi's Beard You or me?

I saw him live here in Nyon when he played against Barca in the semifinals, it was the most competitive match of the tournament - that Barca ended up winning

You otherwise must know something Pep doesn't, perhaps coaching is in your future

I didn't make a sweeping & definitive conclusion at the time. You made that for me in your fantasy Culo world.

I made the obvious conclusion that he would need to get much better in the air & get either much quicker or much tougher & smarter on the ground, to become a PL defender.

At 17 when he was never even playing for the 1st team. That's a sweeping generalization

I saw him live here in Nyon when he played against Barca in the semifinals, it was the most competitive match of the tournament - that Barca ended up winning

You otherwise must know something Pep doesn't, perhaps coaching is in your future

Pretty much all managers, including Pep, get absolutely shitloads of decisions wrong re players. Often fans know months in advance.

A classic example was Alex Ferguson playing Mal Donaghy, who was basically a better defending but shit passing version of Garcia.

Once he saw what the fans already knew, & replaced him they started winning everything.

Definitely you.

Pep likes intelligent players and he sees something. That's fine.

But many managers have backed duds in their time and unfortunately (I and most other fans who've seen Garcia regularly) can see something different.

Just bookmark these posts for a year's time when Garcia is getting rinsed inside out for Barca and you understand why he's a weak link at CB.

Pretty much all managers, including Pep, get absolutely shitloads of decisions wrong re players. Often fans know months in advance.

A classic example was Alex Ferguson playing Mal Donaghy, who was basically a better defending but shit passing version of Garcia.

Once he saw what the fans already knew, & replaced him they started winning everything.

Except in your response you fail to grasp that Pep hasn't given up on Garcia, like you have even 2 years ago apparently. So yeah, agenda

Definitely you.

Pep likes intelligent players and he sees something. That's fine.

But many managers have backed duds in their time and unfortunately (I and most other fans who've seen Garcia regularly) can see something different.

Just bookmark these posts for a year's time when Garcia is getting rinsed inside out for Barca and you understand why he's a weak link at CB.

Sure thing. A player who has been outstanding since he was 6 years old is deemed unworthy at 17 while playing in City's reserves, beggars belief

But yes, I am ecstatic about his return - he is exactly the sort of central defender I want at my club

Where could you have possibly watched him enough at 17 to have made a sweeping & definitive conclusion when 10 years of youth experience only highlighted how special the player is? So yes, agenda
Special? Haha! He’s a tidy player who will probably have a half decent career but there’s nothing special about him as it stands.

Sure thing. A player who has been outstanding since he was 6 years old is deemed unworthy at 17 while playing in City's reserves, beggars belief

But yes, I am ecstatic about his return - he is exactly the sort of central defender I want at my club

Players that are outstanding prospects as youngsters don't always make it to the top level. Just as some under the radar youngsters go beyond the predictions of their coaches.

You're welcome to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.