Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am more than happy to see him go. Ive never rated him. He isnt a premiership centre half due to the lack of physicality (pace, height, strength)

Barca arent prepared to pay for him so clearly dont value him that much or they would have bought him for 20m last summer (or whatever the asking price was)

Of course its easy to understand why he wants to return to Barca...its his home team/town etc....we get that......BUT it also shows a lack of ambition and a bit of a limited mentality....if this had happened a few years ago when Barca were reigning supreme then yes I could understand it....bu now Barca have issues and its a bit of an easy option as he doesnt need to push himself....if he was going to Bayern or another prem team (Liverpool etc) or Madrid (I know he wouldnt do that cause of his Barca connections) then again I could understand it but Barca at present isnt a step up

I would say his value to Pep has dropped a bit as even before his injury he wasnt appearing as much....

Dias has shown what it takes to be a centre half in the premiership...he is twice the defender Garcia is.

This is not bitterness, this is just opinion and again Im more than happy to see him gone purely for footballing reasons....

He may well be a success at Barca but he never would be in this league.

The fantasy is in the valuation, it's known Soriano never intended to sell at any price and no, the player engineered nothing with relation to any fee - he simply wanted to return home. Garcia, per usual, has been very professional

Barca never overpays for 'one of their own' and few understand this better than the principals involved at City who have previously been part of FC Barcelona

It's nice to know a President who cares about the club, its health & success will soon be back at the helm. Moreover, the return of Eric is simply icing on the cake

In short: City loses a player that wants to return home, they declined 18M in August but are apparently open to far less 5 months later or getting nothing an additional 5 months from now

But he's not one of your own is he.. He's actually a City player who happens to have left the Spanish debt ridden club and until his contract expires or a fee is agreed he is Still Our Player..
As far as I'm concerned he's welcome to leave provided your club pay up or he runs his contract down.

I am more than happy to see him go. Ive never rated him. He isnt a premiership centre half due to the lack of physicality (pace, height, strength)

Barca arent prepared to pay for him so clearly dont value him that much or they would have bought him for 20m last summer (or whatever the asking price was)

Of course its easy to understand why he wants to return to Barca...its his home team/town etc....we get that......BUT it also shows a lack of ambition and a bit of a limited mentality....if this had happened a few years ago when Barca were reigning supreme then yes I could understand it....bu now Barca have issues and its a bit of an easy option as he doesnt need to push himself....if he was going to Bayern or another prem team (Liverpool etc) or Madrid (I know he wouldnt do that cause of his Barca connections) then again I could understand it but Barca at present isnt a step up

I would say his value to Pep has dropped a bit as even before his injury he wasnt appearing as much....

Dias has shown what it takes to be a centre half in the premiership...he is twice the defender Garcia is.

This is not bitterness, this is just opinion and again Im more than happy to see him gone purely for footballing reasons....

He may well be a success at Barca but he never would be in this league.
I don’t even think he’s worthy of a post as long as that Simon tbh.

As a result of discussions with candidates & Tusquets, no transfer will happen this month - He comes for free in July

As a result of discussions with candidates & Tusquets, no transfer will happen this month - He comes for free in July
That is one way to put it.
He might sign a precontract somewhere else like Arsenal/stay at City anything can happen (unlikely, but weirder things have happened). He is probably going to feel hard done by Barcelona since they don't mind him wasting another 7 months at City (essentially a whole year of development).
Really need to question where the club is headed since making a signing for even 5 million is proving to be difficult for you guys. In a way I do feel that he is being hyped up by Barcelona since he probably one of the only targets they can afford to sign (even that on a free). Never seen such a moot transfer being dragged on like this.

Certainly Barca won't pay what we would demand in this long season while Laporte and Aké not fit.

We kept him when we didn't know how good Stones would do
and now we have 2 new uncertainties in defence. Plus covid, still.

Well if Barca are happy with getting city’s 5th choice centre back for free I can live with it.
Feel free to put a bid in for mahrez as well to replace messi

Maybe we can wait for tosin’s deal at Fulham to end in a few years and bring him home
I mean he isn’t good enough but he came from our academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.