Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone earlier pointed out this is exactly like Brahim Diaz going back to Spain and I couldn't agree more. Brahim was promised the world by Real, he's the face of the new project based on homegrown talents, a new poster boy, big money, lots of first team action. Now to be fair, they followed through on the money and in the few minutes he has played the fans fell in love, but he doesn't play anywhere near like expected and every time his name comes up it's in conjunction with 'being sent out on loan'.

The EXACT same would happen to Eric, I'm sure of it. Promised the world, barely plays and shipped out on loan to midtable mediocrity and stifles his development completely. How can I guess? Well they did the exact same to a young CB called Jean-Clair Todibo. Bought him, they barely play him, loaned him to Schalke and the kid's struggled to progress and is no doubt expecting to be sold. Only difference being Garcia already left Barca due to lack of opportunity and development before, Todibo was a new signing.

The best thing for Eric to do is sign an extension here, hopefully with Pep for a few more years and become the top player Pep evidently sees in him. And if when he's 24/25 and feels it's time for a new challenge and Barca haven't completely collapsed as Messi's gone back to Argentina, then he might go back to Spain then. But for now, you can't say the better place for him as a footballer is Barcelona, because it's so obviously Manchester City.

I'm really keen on Garcia. I think his IQ for the game and position with more seasoning will more than overcome his pace and relative size drawbacks which IMO aren't hugely glaring given his current output : age.

Garcia definitely has talent in terms of his awareness and passing. Lacks height which may not be an issue moving forward and isn’t the quickest. However, at the moment and almost certainly down to his age and lack of experience he is easily beaten. Needs some time to develop physically which he will get at City. Hopefully can learn to defend from the likes of Laporte and Ferny rather than Nico.

I can see him starting v Madrid to try and convince him and to be fair there isn't anyone really in front of him anyway (obviously Laporte).

Regarding EG's pace, at about 15 secs of this video Pukki breaks away and its a footrace between Garcia and LaPorte ... https://www.mancity.com/citytv/mens/city-norwich-premier-league-brief-highlights-63731363 ... one of the main takeaways from this video, for me, is how quickly the starting gun went off in both their heads.

They have the same pace then. Never thought Laporte had an issue, so if Garcia gets a bit more physical to prevent the foot races, he’ll be absolutely fine

I was disappointed when he left and even then I recognized it would be an uphill effort for him to eventually return. Cantera kids always want to return eventually unless they were pushed out, not the case with Eric

For now, it would only please me if he returned - the disappointment has passed in terms of his loss

Edu Polo who basically speaks for the board reported this today which I believe means it is unlikely the player will be signing an extension anytime soon:

Barca absolutely want to sign Eric Garcia: this summer or next year free.

Barca know Pep absolutely wants to keep him but the club are offering the player to:
- return home, where his family lives
- be Piqué's heir

Eric Garcia knows that Pep will not stay forever at City. He is considering the offer from Barcelona

Barca would propose a small fee (1 year remaining on contract), trade or wait until 2021 for him to arrive for free (Effectively in January).

Are these quotes from somebody (Edu Polo) who works at Barca? If so, they are acting the way Bayern acted - unprofessionally. Talking about signing other teams players is basically publicly tapping up the player - its shows a total lack of class.

Are these quotes from somebody (Edu Polo) who works at Barca? If so, they are acting the way Bayern acted - unprofessionally. Talking about signing other teams players is basically publicly tapping up the player - its shows a total lack of class.

Edu works for MD which is part of Group Godo and effectively mouthpiece for the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.