Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
hes 6ft 4 incase u didn't know. And Maguire as much as u can laugh at him, is a decent defender. Theres a reason why Ole and Pep both wanted to sign him. And just 27 y old. Peake age for defenders 27-33. So United will get the best years outta him.

Anyhow as said, at best, Garcia will be an average defender at best. Hes learning from a young age which is great. But certainly not the answer to our defensive probs.
May I remind you of a former Barcelona great who is 5'9 / Initials JM ,played for Liverpool and West Ham ? Would have loved him here in his prime.

hes 6ft 4 incase u didn't know. And Maguire as much as u can laugh at him, is a decent defender. Theres a reason why Ole and Pep both wanted to sign him. And just 27 y old. Peake age for defenders 27-33. So United will get the best years outta him.

Anyhow as said, at best, Garcia will be an average defender at best. Hes learning from a young age which is great. But certainly not the answer to our defensive probs.

I have the notion that Garcia is already a good defender, if he wasn't a good defender he wouldn't be playing in one of the best sides in Europe.

He's only 19, already 6' tall and he's got plenty of time to get taller and fill out (if being a lump helps) and he'll get better as a footballer as he trains under Pep and plays for the 1st team.

I hope he stays but if he goes then fair play to the lad, we'll get paid a profit and he may leave with good grace and come back to us in future years.

May I remind you of a former Barcelona great who is 5'9 / Initials JM ,played for Liverpool and West Ham ? Would have loved him here in his prime.
Funny isn’t it I initially thought he came to the UK to keep Tevez happy
I wonder now who had the best career

Maguire is decent but 80m you’d want a class player Garcia is decent player and he will go far just because he reads the game better that slabhead.

Lack of height for a CB can be a problem, but there are a few things in which we try to negate this.

For corner kicks we put our smaller men like Silva against the opposition threats to really just put off their runs into the box so they don't get a clean header on the ball while our CB's and Rodri play a more zonal marking. We were 2nd from the bottom at not conceding set pieces this year and been consistently at the bottom in the past 3 years showing this tactic works with our lack of height.

For opposition goal kicks and long balls Rodri has slotted between Laporte and Garcia to have extra height to knock down the balls. Our midfielders are then responsible to win the 2nd balls.

Of course keeping possession keeps these things from happening as well as the opposition attacking in your half also.

That reads as if you don't think the 6'4"+ Maguire is tall, or am I missing something?

No, it reads with a factual narrative, it was proposed you needed to be ‘tall’ and ‘built’, that wasn’t discounted as a quality Maguire didn’t have, the fact that he’s wank was...... don’t be too quick to jump in and read next time!

Again learn to read, his being tall and ‘built’ wasn’t contested, his being wank is

Pep also wanted Sanchez and Fred, he does get it wrong and we are allowed to evaluate a player without his blessing!

And had a rubbish record in aerial duels while in the Premier League - won just over a third. Liverpool have a couple of current CBs who win 70%+. City could do with someone with that kind of record.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.