Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have thought you had a point but when you see Mascherano's honours he didn't do too bad for a short-arse centre-half at Barca winning 5 La Liga's,2 Champions Leagues, 2 Club World Cups etc .In any case Garcia is 6' so may win more headers if nothing else.

I would have thought you had a point but when you see Mascherano's honours he didn't do too bad for a short-arse centre-half at Barca winning 5 La Liga's,2 Champions Leagues, 2 Club World Cups etc .In any case Garcia is 6' so may win more headers if nothing else.

He might, but no evidence of it so far & Mascherano was a miles better defender.

( And still couldn't lace Vinny's boots)

And had a rubbish record in aerial duels while in the Premier League - won just over a third. Liverpool have a couple of current CBs who win 70%+. City could do with someone with that kind of record.
Any idea how many goals we conceded from headers this year?
If it’s not many (not checked) I’d suggest that the 70% win rate is a moot point. If it’s a large percentage of goals we conceded, you’ve got a decent point

Either Barca cough up the lager vouchers or we keep Eric and continue to develop him.

“Punishing” him isn’t even a consideration. And neither is £10m.
It is difficult to hold onto these young players, the best we can do is offer a good contract and if that fails negotiate add-ons or a sell on clause, you are not going to get a big fee before they have proven themselves.

Any idea how many goals we conceded from headers this year?
If it’s not many (not checked) I’d suggest that the 70% win rate is a moot point. If it’s a large percentage of goals we conceded, you’ve got a decent point
Most goals we concede are due to our high line style- I'd say more important characteristics are pace, defensive nouse and calmness under pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.