Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think a reasonable City fan would comprehend I have pointed out that Pep is unlikely to punish Eric by sitting him for a year. There would be consequences I doubt he would want to entertain

Letting him see out his contract, if a buying club doesn't offer a fair amount that meets the valuation is not punishing him. He still gets paid, and gets to train. And play, if he earns it. No different to now.

Hes gonna leave, not a chance we keep him around or put him in the youth teams. Deal of 15/20m euros with add ons. Simples

£13.5m seems like a negotiating ploy, but if that actually is the offer he's not being sold. Pep being a Barcelona supporter isn't going to change that.

£13.5 up front cash + another £13m in add ons or in a sell on fee is probably about right. I dont think we want to have him wasting away a year of his career running down his contract - he has clealry been tapped up and we need to move on. We should not be giving him away but at the same time he is basically a youth player that managed to get a run of games, he will be back down the list next year.

The only problem with Garcia leaving is, it seems to suggest Pep will not sign an extension, other than that. we do not keep players who want to leave, Garcia leaving for his boyhood club, after spending years gaining experience in a foreign club with a top manager,it should bode well for getting into the Barca squad, which will bode well for the reputation of City`s Academy and that is worth more than the fee we will get for a player not as good as Savic or Denayer, in my view

I know i said very early on in this thread that garcia signing an extension would suggest pep is likely to do so too, but i don't think the opposite applies, not the way things are. Pep's reaction to it doesn't sound like someone who has no plans to be here.

£13.5 up front cash + another £13m in add ons or in a sell on fee is probably about right. I dont think we want to have him wasting away a year of his career running down his contract - he has clealry been tapped up and we need to move on. We should not be giving him away but at the same time he is basically a youth player that managed to get a run of games, he will be back down the list next year.

£15-20m upfront plus £5-10m in add-ons seems about right. But we're not talking about Sane money here. If Barca doesn't pay what he's worth he'll just train with us, play some dead rubbers or if we need him otherwise, and then wave goodbye in a year. It's not a punishment or anything like that, it's business. If he wants Barca enough to wait a year for them (despite them clearly not valuing him that highly), that's his prerogative. Otherwise he can sign a new deal here and rejoin the fold.

I know i said very early on in this thread that garcia signing an extension would suggest pep is likely to do so too, but i don't think the opposite applies, not the way things are. Pep's reaction to it doesn't sound like someone who has no plans to be here.
I doubt Torres would be so keen to sign without some assurance from Pep of at least a couple of years.

£15-20m upfront plus £5-10m in add-ons seems about right. But we're not talking about Sane money here. If Barca doesn't pay what he's worth he'll just train with us, play some dead rubbers or if we need him otherwise, and then wave goodbye in a year. It's not a punishment or anything like that, it's business.

Agree. Barca have been in his ear telling him not to sign and he is better of with them. The obligation is on them to make it work. If they dont then they piss of the player and the agent. Its all a fine balance and I dont think we will take the piss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.