Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be robbing Barcelona if they pay ANY fee for Garcia. He's not good enough and won't be good enough at the highest level as a CB. Considering he joined us for free, if we get 7 million I'll be laughing my tits off. Although it'll be equally funny to make him sit it out at City until the summer. Either way, I could not be less concerned about what happens to him or what some random Barcelona fan thinks he's worth.

We'll be robbing Barcelona if they pay ANY fee for Garcia. He's not good enough and won't be good enough at the highest level as a CB. Considering he joined us for free, if we get 7 million I'll be laughing my tits off. Although it'll be equally funny to make him sit it out at City until the summer. Either way, I could not be less concerned about what happens to him or what some random Barcelona fan thinks he's worth.
Spain seem to think he is good enough

Man city have agreed to reduce the amount!!!
So we could have got more, saved on 3 months wages and are now willing to let him go?

If true, we’ve effectively lost €13m and paid his wages for 6 months so we could have him play 500 mins of football (in matches we didn’t even need him to play in).

Him leaving was always going to be the outcome and he should have just been sold in the summer. He was surplus to requirements as soon as Dias and Ake were signed.

Moot point at this stage anyway, so hopefully this is true, we get a small bit of cash to invest in the summer and just move on from a very divisive player that doesn’t want to be here.

When it comes to selling players nothing surprises me anymore regarding selling fees. often I feel we want to make huge favours for the buying clubs that they would never in hell get at other clubs.

What did we profit from being stubborn with Sane and Garcia? Apart from losing a lot of money...
Did we teach a lesson to potential buyers that they can get their targets bit later and much cheaper?

When it comes to selling players nothing surprises me anymore regarding selling fees. often I feel we want to make huge favours for the buying clubs that they would never in hell get at other clubs.

What did we profit from being stubborn with Sane and Garcia? Apart from losing a lot of money...
Did we teach a lesson to potential buyers that they can get their targets bit later and much cheaper?
Were we stubborn with Sane?

And really we can only be one of the other, doing favours or being stubborn. Can’t see how we are both.

I do agree with should have sold Garcia in summer though.

Yep saw this this morning. Problem is Tusquets currently doesn’t have authority to sign players and elections are being postponed outside January window.

One scenario could involve a consensus agreement from 4 presidential candidates to allow for Eric’s arrival now rather than July - but this too is a bit unprecedented

Update: does not appear that Laporta will provide any approval to Tusquets conducting any transfers until the election

Last edited:
Barcelona offered €10m in the summer. the rest was pretty much impossible bonuses, thats what was reported by those with links to the club.

Personally, i'd keep him till the summer doing nothhing, for €5m. If you are going to prove a point, stand by it. Took a stance in the summer, now see it through, or get a better fee out of it.

Saying that, il be happy to see him gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.