Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the last 2/3 seasons there has been quite a drop off in his goals and games in the PL. Hardly missed a game in 4 seasons and scored 25 - 30 goals a season. Then in the last 2/3 years hes missed around 10 PL games a season and his goal scoring numbers have dropped down considerably.

Personally i think he'd score bag fulls of goals for us, but there is a slight concern over his ankles and general ability to stay fit, which could well get worse as he gets older. Its an expensive risk to take imo, but if Haaland isnt available, one i think we will take.
That is reasonable comment,i was replying to someone who was talking nonsense.

Haaland may well stay, given BD are now in the CL positions and I doubt anyone will pay asking price.

I’d just as soon buy him now at “clause rate” and loan him back for a year as get into a bidding war. I think that might suit both teams, and it might save us a small fortune…even if we end up paying part of his wages next season!
If the fee is anywhere near the £150m being banded about,he will 100% be sold this summer,imo.
Raiola will make sure of that,again,opinion.

This guy is a Dzeko type of player. He will score goals, but his overall play will not fit our system. Mbappé is twice the player. He scores, creates chances and is very dangerous in his overall play.
I agree that Mbappe is a better player who would easily fit into our top team. That said, I doubt we will have the money for either player this Summer and we have Liam Delap who is promising but obviously isn’t at that level.

I rate Haaland but Dias made him ineffective over 2 games and I think VVD and even Maguire might do the same. If Haaland is stil at Dortmund next season, the £80 mil release clause is more realistic

Dortmund can afford to ride it out for a season and will probably sit Haaland down with both his representives and thrash out a compromise deal. They don't want to lose both their prize assets this summer. Especially with Dortmund still being a very ambitious club themselves.They have still promised Sancho he can finally leave and if either Utd and Chelsea will match their valuation he will go. They won't back down with their valuation on either players.

Last edited:
This guy is a Dzeko type of player. He will score goals, but his overall play will not fit our system. Mbappé is twice the player. He scores, creates chances and is very dangerous in his overall play.

Haaland and Dzeko are nothing alike in playstyle. Haaland is ridiculously quick and links up well outside the box. Dzeko was a poacher and nothing else.

They are both tall strikers and that’s pretty much where the similarity ends.

Dortmund this Dortmund that, what about Haaland?
He could want to leave this summer and tell Dortmund let me go now for a better fee than what you will get next year when the release clause kicks in

Dortmund this Dortmund that, what about Haaland?
He could want to leave this summer and tell Dortmund let me go now for a better fee than what you will get next year when the release clause kicks in
He could and he might, but it will be up to Dortmund what that fee is set at.

I agree that Mbappe is a better player who would easily fit into our top team. That said, I doubt we will have the money for either player this Summer and we have Liam Delap who is promising but obviously isn’t at that level.

I rate Haaland but Dias made him ineffective over 2 games and I think VVD and even Maguire might do the same. If Haaland is stil at Dortmund next season, the £80 mil release clause is more realistic

This is another gem of a post to add to the list.
First of all, the issue with Mbappe in this window isn’t money, it’s a diplomatic matter, they would never in a million years negotiate him with us.
“Dias made him ineffective” lol. Then I guess Neymar and Mbappe are also useless players? Football isn’t about a CB against a forward anymore, it’s system vs system. For your information, Haaland has already scored “against VVD” when he was at Salzburg, 4-3 game against Liverpool at Anfield. He came from the bench and scored. He is a big game player. Has scored against every opponent he’s faced in the Champions League except us. Has scored everytime he’s played against Bayern for Dortmund. Etc etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.