Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again people have players moving on before we've even signed them. The last ten or so years shows that players (and managers) stay here because they love it here and win medals here. So why if we sign Haaland why should he move on after 2/3/4 years. Think Kompany, Toure, Zabaleta, Silva, Aguero, Fernandinho, De Bruyne............

Delap can be our own homegrown version of Haaland.

The kid has drive, ability and an insatiable appetite for goals.

I'm happy for us to pass on paying huge money to dad's, agents, clubs, etc, if it means giving Delap a chance. I honestly believe he's got potential to be an excellent PL striker.

This is why Kane makes more sense.
Delap has to straighten a few things out first. Particularly work rate, link play and attitude when things aren't going for him. I hope he gets a good loan move next season to help him.

Delap can be our own homegrown version of Haaland.

The kid has drive, ability and an insatiable appetite for goals.

I'm happy for us to pass on paying huge money to dad's, agents, clubs, etc, if it means giving Delap a chance. I honestly believe he's got potential to be an excellent PL striker.

This is why Kane makes more sense.
At our level you don't "give a chance" to a kid with potential as our main striker.

He can and will join the squad and use this season to learn the ropes and get the odd cameo, like all of our young players. This will of course be in addition to buying a top liner.

At our level you don't "give a chance" to a kid with potential as our main striker.

He can and will join the squad and use this season to learn the ropes and get the odd cameo, like all of our young players. This will of course be in addition to buying a top liner.
Hence why I back the purchase of Kane... I never said Delap should become our main striker.

Getting a chance is being given minutes as our 2nd/3rd choice back up striker until he's proven his ability - which I think he will.

Hence why I back the purchase of Kane... I never said Delap should become our main striker.

Getting a chance is being given minutes as our 2nd/3rd choice back up striker until he's proven his ability - which I think he will.
He definitely will. Pep has already said. Sorry, I didn't see your point about Kane. I thought you were suggesting we don't sign a striker at all.

Delap has to straighten a few things out first. Particularly work rate, link play and attitude when things aren't going for him. I hope he gets a good loan move next season to help him.

Can we loan Delap out yet though? As in, if we do, will he still count as club trained if he were to get into the first team after being away?

I think this season has seen him get gis 2nd year spell that counts towards it, but i'm not entirely sure

Can we loan Delap out yet though? As in, if we do, will he still count as club trained if he were to get into the first team after being away?

I think this season has seen him get gis 2nd year spell that counts towards it, but i'm not entirely sure
Me neither mate.

Me neither mate.

@twosips, usually pretty clued up on the academy players, fancy clarifying? Would Delap qualify for the CL B list from next season (he didn't this season), and is he as such able to go out on loan and still count as club trained if he is brought into the first team after it.

If not, best keeping him at the club even with limited chances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.