Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want a striker that in 10 years we can look back on with the same sentiment as Kun. Kane isn't that.

It’s been a strange few years. Don’t know any other club that has had so many great players & humble people who have stayed for 10 years in the same era & who seem to have a genuine affection for the club.
I doubt we’ll EVER have the same sentiment for any player again as we have for Sergio. I won’t anyway.
So guess we need to buy what we need which is a proven striker & Kane fits the bill - & he’s English

Would prefer him over Kane, purely on age, but if we end up with one or the other, it would be fantastic. Both would score a shitload in our side, and I find it amazing anyone would be upset if one came over the other.

I'll be happy with either Kane or Haaland, although I have a slight preference for the latter. The cool thing is, we no longer have Peter Swales and Jimmy Frizzell in charge, but top pros who know what they are doing and what the club needs and can afford. So I am happy to trust their judgement.

The main thing is, while we are top dogs, we must strengthen, not sit our laurels. Because the other teams are hungry and keen to take over from us. What worked for us in 2020-21 may not work as well in 2021-2022.

I'll be happy with either Kane or Haaland, although I have a slight preference for the latter. The cool thing is, we no longer have Peter Swales and Jimmy Frizzell in charge, but top pros who know what they are doing and what the club needs and can afford. So I am happy to trust their judgement.

The main thing is, while we are top dogs, we must strengthen, not sit our laurels. Because the other teams are hungry and keen to take over from us. What worked for us in 2020-21 may not work as well in 2021-2022.
This exactly. Yes we won the league without a striker but our goal numbers were down yet still the best in the league.

Listening to Sergio he said the club told him they wanted to bring a new striker in so we are in the market.

Kane has the PL experience.
Haaland is a goal machine but unproven in this league. I'm not saying he will flop but it will be harder than Germany look at werner for example.

I also don't see Haaland staying as long as players like David, Vinny and segio did purely based on his agent.

Delap can be our own homegrown version of Haaland.

The kid has drive, ability and an insatiable appetite for goals.

I'm happy for us to pass on paying huge money to dad's, agents, clubs, etc, if it means giving Delap a chance. I honestly believe he's got potential to be an excellent PL striker.

This is why Kane makes more sense.

This exactly. Yes we won the league without a striker but our goal numbers were down yet still the best in the league.

Listening to Sergio he said the club told him they wanted to bring a new striker in so we are in the market.

Kane has the PL experience.
Haaland is a goal machine but unproven in this league. I'm not saying he will flop but it will be harder than Germany look at werner for example.

I also don't see Haaland staying as long as players like David, Vinny and segio did purely based on his agent.
Really don’t understand what people say this about his agent. Raiola works for Haaland, not the other way round. If Haaland is happy somewhere, he stays. If he’s not, he tells his agent to get him a move

Really don’t understand what people say this about his agent. Raiola works for Haaland, not the other way round. If Haaland is happy somewhere, he stays. If he’s not, he tells his agent to get him a move
You think so. So do you think haaland told his agent and his dad to take a trip to Spain in the middle of the season. When they were still in the champions league and struggling in the league?

If so is that the mindset of a player who should join us?

You are correct, I think what people do not want is the circus around it.

If he wants to leave Raiola will use all the tricks to bring down the fee to maximise commissions and wages.

If he wants to stay Raiola will use all the tricks to get a new contract that maximise commissions and wages.

This will be press comments, random visible trips to Madrid etc.

They have choose Raiola for the reason he maximises clients earnings, whilst being the bad guy.

There is a reason Pep does not like him and so I can see why people are reluctant, however I think he is worth the aggro.

That said I think Kane could give us a very good 5 years and we can worry about what to do after that later down the line.

Delap can be our own homegrown version of Haaland.

The kid has drive, ability and an insatiable appetite for goals.

I'm happy for us to pass on paying huge money to dad's, agents, clubs, etc, if it means giving Delap a chance. I honestly believe he's got potential to be an excellent PL striker.

This is why Kane makes more sense.
Delap had a excellent season in PL2. I'd love him to make the step up to the first team for sure.

If we want Delap to prove his worth then kane makes more sense in regards to progression

You are correct, I think what people do not want is the circus around it.

If he wants to leave Raiola will use all the tricks to bring down the fee to maximise commissions and wages.

If he wants to stay Raiola will use all the tricks to get a new contract that maximise commissions and wages.

This will be press comments, random visible trips to Madrid etc.

They have choose Raiola for the reason he maximises clients earnings, whilst being the bad guy.

There is a reason Pep does not like him and so I can see why people are reluctant, however I think he is worth the aggro.

That said I think Kane could give us a very good 5 years and we can worry about what to do after that later down the line.
I fully agree. Riola loves the circus, look at how he conducts himself around Pogba. End of the day he has some good footballers on his book and will make money whether they leave or sign a new deal.

I like what KDB did last year and hired a law firm as opposed to using an agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.