Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't do it. I've had my heart broken by Leo enough times now. More or less he's dead to me unless I wake up one day and he's holding up a City shirt on mancity.com haha.
Same mate. But imagine if, after all this PR storm created by Barca, we get Messi and they, none of ours (except Kun and Eric).

Cant help but feel the same to be honest, while Haaland is young it really wouldnt surprise me if he only played at his next club for 2-3 years and moved again where as Kane would be far less of a gamble in that respect.
On the plus side, that gives his next club a potential big sell-on fee, provided he hasn‘t run his contract down.

Thats why he is worth more than an older player, all other things being equal. (Which they never are!)

I keep coming back to the fact that we released Sergio Aguero in March.

I simply don't believe that the club would do that with nothing lined up and no knowledge of whether Spurs or Dortmund would sell at a particular price that the club was OK with spending.

I don't think Pep or the club would genuinely think it was acceptable to release Aguero with a 5% possibility that no one came in to replace him.

I’m not so sure. We have a history for this sort of thing. Remember when we released all our fullbacks at the end of the season?

I do agree..I suspect Sergio wanted out and made his intentions clear and Pep stood his ground..rightly or wrongly.. what I can not comprehend is we kept playing Garcia when it was clear he wanted out too.
There's no rightly or wrongly about it, the club has to move on and there was no doubt, open and frank discussions with him.

Sergio (despite his injuries and Covid related problems) played more games and minutes than Garcia in the PL. Garcia had more minutes overall but that was largely down to LC & FAC games.

If the report is accurate Erling is indeed happy speaking to Chelsea/Tuchel, it would also suggest Erling hasn't made City his absolute priority.

That would be a shifting of his position from just a few months back.

It does however, indicate he is still for sale this summer.

Sadly, these are the type of deals Chelsea have form for getting over the line.

They leave their principles at the door.

They'd be a rum team if they got him.

Chelsea's track record of signing strikers since their takeover has been atrocious. They spent ~£450M on the following:

Hernan Crespo
Adrian Mutu
Didier Drogba
Mateja Kezman
Andriy Shevchenko
Nicolas Anelka
Franco Di Santo
Daniel Sturridge
Fernando Torres
Romelu Lukaku
Patrick Bamford
Demba Ba
Diego Costa
Loic Remy
Falcao
Michy Batshuayi
Alvaro Morata
Olivier Giroud
Gonzalo Higuain
Timo Werner

Lots of those players looked like very safe bets at the time, and lots of them have scored goals elsewhere. But how many scored more than about 20 goals for Chelsea?

Pound to a pinch of shit we get neither of um,the reality is we are as tight as 2 coats of paint when the we are given the fee by the selling club

If we are to be regarded as one of the biggest clubs we need to put our money where our mouth is at times
I suppose we could vastly overspend on fees and wages and then win loads of trophies like that 'massive' club down the road.

Oh, wait...

Chelsea's track record of signing strikers since their takeover has been atrocious. They spent ~£450M on the following:

Hernan Crespo
Adrian Mutu
Didier Drogba
Mateja Kezman
Andriy Shevchenko
Nicolas Anelka
Franco Di Santo
Daniel Sturridge
Fernando Torres
Romelu Lukaku
Patrick Bamford
Demba Ba
Diego Costa
Loic Remy
Falcao
Michy Batshuayi
Alvaro Morata
Olivier Giroud
Gonzalo Higuain
Timo Werner

Lots of those players looked like very safe bets at the time, and lots of them have scored goals elsewhere. But how many scored more than about 20 goals for Chelsea?
And to think the press took the piss with us signing 200m worth of full backs.
Telling you the cockney press will butter Chelsea's spending up all day long.

Hernan Crespo
Adrian Mutu
Didier Drogba
Mateja Kezman
Andriy Shevchenko
Nicolas Anelka
Franco Di Santo
Daniel Sturridge
Fernando Torres
Romelu Lukaku
Patrick Bamford
Demba Ba
Diego Costa
Loic Remy
Falcao
Michy Batshuayi
Alvaro Morata
Olivier Giroud
Gonzalo Higuain
Timo Werner

He was worth the £400m alone...

Hernan Crespo
Adrian Mutu
Didier Drogba
Mateja Kezman
Andriy Shevchenko
Nicolas Anelka
Franco Di Santo
Daniel Sturridge
Fernando Torres
Romelu Lukaku
Patrick Bamford
Demba Ba
Diego Costa
Loic Remy
Falcao
Michy Batshuayi
Alvaro Morata
Olivier Giroud
Gonzalo Higuain
Timo Werner

If they get Haaland they will win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.