Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea gonna dominate for the next five years if we aren’t careful.
Not to panic but it does look like the Van Dick affect all over again. When we were shopping for a center back, I do remember Txiki, Ferran and Khaldoon in the documentary "All or Nothing" having a discussion on how 75m is too expensive for them to pay for a defender. We won two league titles after but that signing elevated one our rivals.

Kane a fantastic center forward probably the best, I'm a bit worried about his injuries.

My opinion on Haaland is while the club would love the player, they do not want the circus that comes with his agent and the inevitable drama when he is 2-3 years into his contract. Cant help but feel the same to be honest, while Haaland is young it really wouldnt surprise me if he only played at his next club for 2-3 years and moved again where as Kane would be far less of a gamble in that respect.

Yeah, i don't like this game his agent plays of publicly shopping the player around when he has 3 years left on his deal and i'm not sure City would either.
Whatever happened about "tapping up" this seems a prime example of it!

Not to panic but it does look like the Van Dick affect all over again. When we were shopping for a center back, I do remember Txiki, Ferran and Khaldoon in the documentary "All or Nothing" having a discussion on how 75m is too expensive for them to pay for a defender. We won two league titles after but that signing elevated one our rivals.

Kane a fantastic center forward probably the best, I'm a bit worried about his injuries.
Me too, too many issues with his ankles. Hope to god we we give them a full examination (MRI, X rays etc) before any money is exchanged. As for Haaland, the guy is a monster and will be an absolute nightmare for any defender. I can see Chelsea wrapping up a deal for him soon leaving us to negotiate with Levy.

Chelsea already have a damn good team. With or without Haaland, they will be a big threat and challenge us.

Kane in our team simply replaces a better player who was unavailable last season through injury. At a huge cost as well. It is an improvement to last season, sure. It isn't really moving the squad forward though, not for me.
This is why I don’t buy into 40+ goals, 4 PL in a row, back to back champions leagues etc..
Sergio had a better minutes per goal ratio than Kane and never did any of the above.
I honestly don’t think he changes us all that much, but Haaland does.
As for this “Guarantee” that Kane brings, there’s no guarantee.
How will he fair playing for another team other than Spurs, a different system, parked defences, moving north, playing with other superstars and goal scorers, can he actually produce at the important time?
He’s been in finals and important games before and hasn’t grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck to get the win.
He’ll win things with us cos we’re winners and score goals for the same reason, but don’t buy this guarantee that some people seem to have.
There’s a risk with both, but IMO one changes the way we score goals, makes us evolve over what we already are and gives us more long term on and off the field.
That is Haaland.

Me too, too many issues with his ankles. Hope to god we we give them a full examination (MRI, X rays etc) before any money is exchanged. As for Haaland, the guy is a monster and will be an absolute nightmare for any defender. I can see Chelsea wrapping up a deal for him soon leaving us to negotiate with Levy.
Doesn’t matter how many examinations Kane has, sometimes intuition trumps analysis. The ankle issues are a thing in my opinion, and should be factored into any decision on who to buy. He may not have missed too many games in his career so far with it, but it’s a weakness. I’m sure Santa Cruz, Rodwell and Mendy passed rigorous medicals before signing, but many knew they were a gamble re injuries. Still a close decision on who is the better buy, sometimes you just have to go with your gut.

Pep has just signed a new 2 year contract and has never walked out on a contract as far as I know. So for the next two years minimum he's the most important person at the club.

I think it's worth remembering that Khaldoon and Txiki are very close to Pep. They're not going to force players upon him if he has others in mind, and vice versa they're not going to tell him he can't have a player who he thinks could be important for the next two years without doing everything to get the player.
I’d get Pep might be upset if he wanted Kane and ended up with Danny Ings, but Haaland would be a great ‘compromise’
He would give Pep goals now and give City a future.
Would hardly be hardship on Pep’s part.
We’ve always looked long term and that shouldn’t change, not even for Pep.

This is why I don’t buy into 40+ goals, 4 PL in a row, back to back champions leagues etc..
Sergio had a better minutes per goal ratio than Kane and never did any of the above.
I honestly don’t think he changes us all that much, but Haaland does.
As for this “Guarantee” that Kane brings, there’s no guarantee.
How will he fair playing for another team other than Spurs, a different system, parked defences, moving north, playing with other superstars and goal scorers, can he actually produce at the important time?
He’s been in finals and important games before and hasn’t grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck to get the win.
He’ll win things with us cos we’re winners and score goals for the same reason, but don’t buy this guarantee that some people seem to have.
There’s a risk with both, but IMO one changes the way we score goals, makes us evolve over what we already are and gives us more long term on and off the field.
That is Haaland.

Yeah, but...

Kun did it in a superior squad playing superior football. As much as I love the man, I hesitate to say that he could've equaled HK's numbers in that Spurs side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.