Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if Chelsea sign Haaland first, Levy has us over a barrel?

Don’t tell me Lukaku/Felix would just be as good signings either
IMO Levy has always wanted £150m and Haaland won’t change that.
The price has been and always will be £150m (IMO)

I’d get Pep might be upset if he wanted Kane and ended up with Danny Ings, but Haaland would be a great ‘compromise’
He would give Pep goals now and give City a future.
Would hardly be hardship on Pep’s part.
We’ve always looked long term and that shouldn’t change, not even for Pep.
Just thinking out loud, but maybe City think Kane gives us a better chance of goals now and think that we already have Delap who is our future?

Just thinking out loud, but maybe City think Kane gives us a better chance of goals now and think that we already have Delap who is our future?
Certainly seems that way, though more likely Pep feels that way, from what’s been said/guessed.
Delap might be one for the future but who knows.
I’ve said it before, Bradley Wright Philips had an unbelievable goal scoring record in the youth setup, but crumbled in the first team.
Later ripped it up in the MLS.
So who knows, guess we’ll have a better idea after his first full season with the first team squad.

Certainly seems that way, though more likely Pep feels that way, from what’s been said/guessed.
Delap might be one for the future but who knows.
I’ve said it before, Bradley Wright Philips had an unbelievable goal scoring record in the youth setup, but crumbled in the first team.
Later ripped it up in the MLS.
So who knows, guess we’ll have a better idea after his first full season with the first team squad.
Yeah i agree, let's see what he can do.
As with any young player it's a gamble, but i'm hopeful that we have more than a few that will make the step up.

I think they'll see both as equally capable of doing the job. Pros to Haaland are his age and future potential. Cons are that he's only done it for a few seasons and the Bundesliga isn't at the same level as our league so there's still a small question mark. Kane has done it for a number of years. Domestically, internationally and in the CL. He's coming into his prime now as well. He would allow someone like Delap to learn and come through, rather than block their path, and his link up play as shown this season, is exceptional. He's got a great passing range and a tactical nous too.

However, it probably boils down to money and commitment. Which player wants to come here more. Which one is obtainable for the least amount of wasted money i.e agent fees. And which one will force through a move as opposed to being part of a transfer battle.

Ignoring this and looking at it in business terms, wouldn't we be better to pay more and get Haaland if only to stop Chelsea? Kane doesn't go to Chelsea. He might go to United instead, but that's less of a risk than him going to Chelsea in my opinion. He makes united a better side, but he makes Chelsea a real real threat for domestic success. Pep wont be bothered by this aspect. But it's something to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.