Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of things about Haaland - he was born in Leeds and of Viking stock.
Therefore I’m sure he would thrive away at Stoke on a wet Tuesday and not complain about the Manchester weather

Erling Haaland gives green light to Real Madrid over £112m transfer in blow to Chelsea, Manchester United & Manchester City​

I imagine there's not too much in this given its the metro, unlike them to get a scoop like this. However this is whats being reported...
Given the Kane noise I strongly suspect that City have given the kibosh to this one some time ago on his salary. It could be exstremely damaging to the club to have a 20 year old turn up on a much higher salary that the likes of KDB and Sterling. City seem to like to reward players with new contracts but I don't think we've ever smashed the wage structure on a new player.

Given the Kane noise I strongly suspect that City have given the kibosh to this one some time ago on his salary. It could be exstremely damaging to the club to have a 20 year old turn up on a much higher salary that the likes of KDB and Sterling. City seem to like to reward players with new contracts but I don't think we've ever smashed the wage structure on a new player.
Yeah, you're more than likely right. Real shame though, looks to be a huge talent in the right age bracket. Saw a report today about waiting a year to sign Kane, at which point he'd be 29 at the start of the season. No doubt he'd get goals but a strange one as out transfer policy over the last few years has excluded players of that age group (at least for big money).

Yeah, you're more than likely right. Real shame though, looks to be a huge talent in the right age bracket. Saw a report today about waiting a year to sign Kane, at which point he'd be 29 at the start of the season. No doubt he'd get goals but a strange one as out transfer policy over the last few years has excluded players of that age group (at least for big money).
I feel the same. Would love haaland. Kane is brilliant but the age worries me too. More than any other position on the pitch, strikers tend to peak early. I found Sergio's last few years hard to watch, after seeing what a player he was in his mid 20s. We've also seen players like Owen, Rooney and Fowler drop off massively when their pace has gone. Granted, all four of those were injury blighted, and all four carried on scoring into their 30s. But yeah, I'd be much more excited about a Harry Kane in his early 20s, or Haaland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.