Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why some people think Erling Haaland would join us; you've seen how we approach the players recently. We can't beat the other clubs.

I think it's unlikely for us to pay that freaking fee and wage.

We would have to go head to head with Real Madrid for Haaland, Madrid journalists have been briefed who are reliable that Perez wants both Haaland and Mbappe at Madrid and to build the team around them.

looks like it will be City vs Madrid for Haaland if we go for him
Real Madrid have got Benzema false 9 role (very important) and Vinicius Jr and Mbappe darting down the wings, none of whom they'd need to replace yet if they get Mbappe done, they will be more concerned in fighting PSG for Pogba and improving the spine of the team after losing Ramos and having an ageing deeper midfield area Casemiro Modric etc.
Plus lack of leadership at the back will be a major concern too I doubt there's room for Haaland, with other more immediate concerns but ya never know with them.

City and Bayern are the clear frontrunners for Haaland and Bayern defo don't throw out the big bucks willingly, people saying Raiola is difficult sound daft when they think it'd be easier for Bayern... City will defo out pay any fees and wages that Bayern offers to him if we choose to go all out for him. Add to that Haaland having some clear affection for us then City could be the only team that makes perfect sense for him, Bayern will defo want him though and push the boat out I just think our offer will be much better and more appealing all round.

Barca: need to sell their arses to big sponsorship deals to even have a chance, even if they succeed in stabilising will they be as attractive a proposition without Messi?

Chelsea: have Lukaku end of discussion.
Rags: have Cristiano plus Greenwood is coming through end of discussion.

PSG: face possible FFP investigations over scandalous wages but could still have an outside chance though if they give zero fucks.

Liverpool: why would he join them over us or Bayern for that matter? May as well stay at Dortmund.

Bayern pros: ease of staying in Germany and ready made to replace Lewandowski, they have a very structured club and treat their players well in general which is no different to us.
Bayern cons: he will defo receive less money in wages in Bavaria than he would at City/PSG/Real/Barca if they can all manage to move for him...
Does he really wanna stay in Germany? Cos growing up you defo know he dreamt of playing in the Prem and repeating an Aguero type moment.

City pros: obviously the best club suited to his all round needs on and off the pitch, he knows the language fluently as he was born and part raised here, he has an affinity with the club as shown by attending matches wearing kits often as a kid and saying it's beautiful isn't it? (About the stadium)
City cons: in all honesty there is seriously none and I'm not even being biased saying that, it's just a clear cut case of if we're mongified enough not to go for him if we haven't signed anyone else.

Real Madrid: see above

Juventus: everyone knows Serie A is dead and they are on the decline I'm not saying that cos of there loss to Empoli either.

C'mon City get it fucking done... It's scandalous enough we never went all out to sign him from Salzburg.

Last edited:
Real Madrid have got Benzema false 9 role (very important) and Vinicius Jr and Mbappe darting down the wings, none of whom they'd need to replace yet if they get Mbappe done, they will be more concerned in fighting PSG for Pogba and improving the spine of the team after losing Ramos and having an ageing deeper midfield area Casemiro Modric etc.
Plus lack of leadership at the back will be a major concern too I doubt there's room for Haaland, with other more immediate concerns but ya never know with them.

City and Bayern are the clear frontrunners for Haaland and Bayern defo don't throw out the big bucks willingly, people saying Raiola is difficult sound daft when they think it'd be easier for Bayern... City will defo out pay any fees and wages that Bayern offers to him if we choose to go all out for him. Add to that Haaland having some clear affection for us then City could be the only team that makes perfect sense for him, Bayern will defo want him though and push the boat out I just think our offer will be much better and more appealing all round.

Barca: need to sell their arses to big sponsorship deals to even have a chance, even if they succeed in stabilising will they be as attractive a proposition without Messi?

Chelsea: have Lukaku end of discussion.
Rags: have Cristiano plus Greenwood is coming through end of discussion.

PSG: face possible FFP investigations over scandalous wages but could still have an outside chance though if they give zero fucks.

Liverpool: why would he join them over us or Bayern for that matter? May as well stay at Dortmund.

Bayern pros: ease of staying in Germany and ready made to replace Lewandowski, they have a very structured club and treat their players well in general which is no different to us.
Bayern cons: he will defo receive less money in wages in Bavaria than he would at City/PSG/Real/Barca if they can all manage to move for him...
Does he really wanna stay in Germany? Cos growing up you defo know he dreamt of playing in the Prem and repeating an Aguero type moment.

City pros: obviously the best club suited to his all round needs on and off the pitch, he knows the language fluently as he was born and part raised here, he has an affinity with the club as shown by attending matches wearing kits often as a kid and saying it's beautiful isn't it? (About the stadium)
City cons: in all honesty there is seriously none and I'm not even being biased saying that, it's just a clear cut case of if we're mongified enough not to go for him if we haven't signed anyone else.

Real Madrid: see above

Juventus: everyone knows Serie A is dead and they are on the decline I'm not saying that cos of there loss to Empoli either.

C'mon City get it fucking done... It's scandalous enough we never went all out to sign him from Salzburg.
Dont really care much about the transfer/agent fees but if we pay him anything above what KDB earns then we will be setting a very bad precedent.

I hope we add a hell lot of performance based bonuses going forward with lower basic salary like executives at big companies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.