Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the fees are the concern. Not sure why Chelsea would all of a sudden change their mind over paying agents fees etc. Haaland just doesn't want to go there so they went for Lukaku who does.

He also doesn't want to come to City which is why we haven't made any offers.

Neither of us knows if what you say is true. I suspect it is though.

Do it now? And then have the Prem and UEFA up our arses again for investigating FFP? Without any first team player likely leaving as well. We struggled with £150m ask for Kane because of that, what makes anyone think we can do Haaland for about 200m now? It's sadly next summer, and we'll have to do well to beat Madrid

We can debate Haaland all day but Rioala only makes big money If he can start a bidding war, and very few clubs have that money to spend. So if he is not careful he will price Haaland out the market with outrageous demands that nobody can or wish to pay . But more likely a deal is already in place with Bayern for the buy out clause price next summer, unless a bigger and better offer comes in, in the meantime and a bidding war can be manufactured.

We can debate Haaland all day but Rioala only makes big money If he can start a bidding war, and very few clubs have that money to spend. So if he is not careful he will price Haaland out the market with outrageous demands that nobody can or wish to pay . But more likely a deal is already in place with Bayern for the buy out clause price next summer, unless a bigger and better offer comes in, in the meantime and a bidding war can be manufactured.
Bayern will be in a very strong position next year to get him and still get decent money for outgoing Lewa

Mate, I think the problem is people still view football as 11 players not a squad game. I'm open to your counter argument but Jesus, Bernardo and Mahrez would be in every Premier league squad (arguably over all but half a handful of teams first starting 11's) this season and over the duration of their contracts. Replacing David Silva, YaYa or Aguero can never be a like for like, they broke the mould when they made those players, there are no clones, there are however different options.
Bernardo Silva can play in 5 positions, I'd actually say 6 but 5 for arguments sake, the guy is a marathon runner, classy, great control, amazing ball retention aswell as a destroyer and always gives 100%
Mahrez has arguably the best touch in the Premier league, ridiculously skilful, great at set pieces and can play I'd say in three positions (RW, LW, AM)
Jesus can play 3 positions, is an exceptional talent, he's still young, one of the hardest working forwards and works hard, created and scores for the team.
I'd be disappointed to lose any from our squad.
The problem herein lays with our amazing squad depth, let's exclude DM and look at 5 attacking positions and the players for the slots. For me it's discourteous to rank them as depends on squad blend and some play better against different types of opposition depending on role and positioning.

5 attacking positions {KDB, Gundogan, Foden, Grealish, Bernardo, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus, Torres}, I make that 9 and the rule of thumb is 2 players for every slot, so we need that 10th

We have the most amazing toolbox on the planet, all we're missing is a "jack"hammer, Haaland is the power tool we must covet, then let's go to work!
Im not sure you are reading what I am putting....

I PERSONALLY FULLY believe that B. SILVA and JESUS have been SUCCESSFUL purchases.....however NOT EVERYONE ELSE WOULD

I agree about your comments on MAHREZ's skill level...HOWEVER it is fact that at times he goes missing in big games....whereas no matter how bad others (Sterling, B.Silva, Jesus being 3 examples) are playing they still trying to be invovled.

I agree they would all get in nearly every team (not sure whether all 3 would be a constant in Liverpool or Chelsea's teams however).

With the loss of Kun, D.silva, Sane and Kompany those players (esp the forwards have to step up to the plate.......

Jesus looks reborn playign wide - but lots of people on here have been saying this for a wihle...I advocated playing Jesus wide even when kun was here as part of the front 3. B.Silva has never really had a run in the team in a more central position...I really do think he could do a job there....
Out of all 3 Mahrez is the one I wouldnt be disappointed to lose BUT if he continues last season form that opinion may change....but I fully believe he was poor before last season.

We do need that centre forward I fully agree.....Haaland is the one for me also.

But back to the point of me listing all the buys - I think you can count 18 out of 37 that the vast majority of people would say have been a complete success) ......this does not include the the ones that get farmed out straight away and I guess if they then get sold for profit then that is a different type of success. ...

Lets call it a 50% success rate on first team transfers...I have no idea if this is good or bad in comparison to other teams ....I guess other people may say its higher than 50% as again its only my opinion on the players whether they have been a success.....i thikn there are the ones that were obvious failures...Mangala, Bravo, Nolito and a few others - now again that is not always the clubs fault...Someone like Nolito for instance looked decent but obviously wasnt happy in England and didnt fancy it in the prem - nothing we can do about that really.

I’m a bit bemused by the whole situation & whilst there are always going to be financial constraints surely City should have been aware of this.

I think we can all agree City are now playing football on the field to the highest degree & any improvements to the squad mean the pool which we dip into will be extremely small.

We let Aguero go & need to fill a position which is probably the most important position in a team. If we’ve already established the pool to replace him is small then it should be expected we won’t we able to buy a striker on the cheap so ultimately we’re going to have to pay the big bucks to whatever striker comes in. For the striker position at least the saying you get what you pay for normally applies

Otherwise, you invest heavily in scouting & pick up the next Haaland or Mbappe & wait for the position to develop which currently isn’t our business model.

It seems City are caught in two minds here or almost dithering on a decision. Letting Aguero go & not planning to have enough funds to replace him is poor planning if this is indeed the case & even amateur to think we could get someone of high quality on the cheap.

Even if Pep goes in 2 years time we’re going to have buy a top grade striker right & it’s unlikely whoever we get will stick with not playing with a recognised striker & be as successful.

Also I agree with others if we are going to stick with this policy of not getting involved in bidding wars then we should strike for Haaland now by investing more upfront now as a year on with full stadiums allow other teams to generate more revenue & most likely drive up the price of Haaland well beyond what it will cost to acquire his services today.

Wtf r u on about? He's one of the most popular players we've ever had.
Ive seen people saying they would happily let B.Silva go.....I for one wouldnt let him go...I think he is a vital player for us and should be playing more....Ive seen people saying he is bang average....not my opinion at all..I think he is a fantastic player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.