Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don’t lose tonight with Haaland playing for us.

(Now watch the “a striker wouldn’t have made a difference” crowd flood the thread)
I think we win tonight with any competent striker.

I think the bigger takeaway from this game is that we have to go get one in January, If it's Haaland I would be ecstatic if not, We wait till the summer and go and get an Isak or a Richarlison, someone who is good and competent, and will score bag loads of goals in this team.

I think we will get put off by the wages, and demands, even though the new TV deal is coming up soon, and we could see a massive revenue boost, so while the wages will look crazy now they may not look as crazy in a couple of years.

I think we will get put off by the wages, and demands, even though the new TV deal is coming up soon, and we could see a massive revenue boost, so while the wages will look crazy now they may not look as crazy in a couple of years.
Players that score tons more than their teammates and contend for golden boot awards and decide matches often will accordingly rewarded. We don’t have someone to be paid like that in the squad currently.

Players that score tons more than their teammates and contend for golden boot awards and decide matches often will accordingly rewarded. We don’t have someone to be paid like that in the squad currently.

Totally agree with you, and I think Haaland should absolutely be top of the list, and we should be doing everything in our power to get him and make him the superstar of this team.

My point is that City operates in a certain way, in the sense that we won't go and bully teams off players the way Bayern does or Madrid used to, we typically will only buy players that want to come here and we don't like to get into bidding wars, I think the last time we got into one and bullied the other clubs away was De Bruyne when PSG and Bayern were circling him for a bit. Mino and Alfie will want to get the biggest offer they can and will proceed to leverage other clubs into paying it.

My point is that City operates in a certain way, in the sense that we won't go and bully teams off players the way Bayern does or Madrid used to, we typically will only buy players that want to come here and we don't like to get into bidding wars, I think the last time we got into one and bullied the other clubs away was De Bruyne when PSG and Bayern were circling him for a bit. Mino and Alfie will want to get the biggest offer they can and will proceed to leverage other clubs into paying it.
I think the answer is in your post. We fought for KdB when we knew he would be a total game changer. Did we ever give up on a player that would be a game changer? We may have turned away when there were similar alternatives

I do not believe for one second he will end up at Madrid. They had money to make an offer for Mbappe that would have taken Haaland out of Dortmund easily. They have Benzema who still has many years in him in top form. And I don’t believe for one second Mino and Alfie want him sharing the spotlight with Mbappe. He will want to go to a team that will allow him to get the best numbers without sharing. The example I posted awhile back was: imagine Ronaldo had left United to go to Barcelona instead of Madrid, and had to share everything with Messi. Would he still have built the same career and status? Highly doubt it. The rivalry benefitted both, and father and agent understand these are the stars of this decade and would also benefit from competing apart. Also, La Liga is now decadent and the PL is much more competitive and where most great players are at. The only scenario in which I could see him at Madrid is if Mbappe decided to stay at PSG. But even then, there’s the Benzema factor. They would probably be in need of a Pogba more.
If Haaland was watching the game tonight (he wasn’t as Dortmund were playing, I know!) he would know no other top team needs him as much as us.
But this thread is just the worst when people insist he is Madrid or United bound without giving much thought

I think the answer is in your post. We fought for KdB when we knew he would be a total game changer. Did we ever give up on a player that would be a game changer? We may have turned away when there were similar alternatives

I do not believe for one second he will end up at Madrid. They had money to make an offer for Mbappe that would have taken Haaland out of Dortmund easily. They have Benzema who still has many years in him in top form. And I don’t believe for one second Mino and Alfie want him sharing the spotlight with Mbappe. He will want to go to a team that will allow him to get the best numbers without sharing. The example I posted awhile back was: imagine Ronaldo had left United to go to Barcelona instead of Madrid, and had to share everything with Messi. Would he still have built the same career and status? Highly doubt it. The rivalry benefitted both, and father and agent understand these are the stars of this decade and would also benefit from competing apart. Also, La Liga is now decadent and the PL is much more competitive and where most great players are at. The only scenario in which I could see him at Madrid is if Mbappe decided to stay at PSG. But even then, there’s the Benzema factor. They would probably be in need of a Pogba more.
If Haaland was watching the game tonight (he wasn’t as Dortmund were playing, I know!) he would know no other top team needs him as much as us.
But this thread is just the worst when people insist he is Madrid or United bound without giving much thought
yes. Many times.

Totally agree with you, and I think Haaland should absolutely be top of the list, and we should be doing everything in our power to get him and make him the superstar of this team.

FFP is the only obstacle. We have lost our edge going against the big teams. He is gonna cost a bomb so for that reason we are out imo.

Scouting department needs to step up with a gem. All the delap talk but he hasn’t kicked a ball for the first 11.

FFP is the only obstacle. We have lost our edge going against the big teams. He is gonna cost a bomb so for that reason we are out imo.

Scouting department needs to step up with a gem. All the delap talk but he hasn’t kicked a ball for the first 11.

When was the last time City did that?

Torres and Jesus maybe but wouldn't call them gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.